silver creek area of snowshoe
4 posts
4 users
1k+ views
itdoesntmatter - DCSki Supporter 
January 27, 2015
Member since 01/17/2007 🔗
158 posts

I've been to Snowshoe a couple of times over the years - but never ventured over to the Silver Creek area.  I will be going there in a couple of weeks (midweek).  Is it worth riding the shuttle over to get a few runs in after main mountain closes?  I see a couple of blues and a black are open. 

Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
January 27, 2015 (edited January 27, 2015)
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts

Absolutely.  I'm pretty sure that during the mid week they do not open until noon over there.  

We've done this in the past:

• Get first tracks in the basin area
  • Work your way to the western territory
  • Grab the shuttle around 11:30
  • Get 1st tracks V2 at noon at Silver Creek

PS - they got a ton of snow the past couple days ....  You will have a blast mid week with limited crowds. 

Antoine
January 27, 2015
Member since 10/20/2014 🔗
275 posts

silver creek is more park oriented in the last couple of years... However it still has great runs and almost no lines.

eggraid
January 29, 2015
Member since 02/9/2010 🔗
510 posts

On a busy weekend, and also for beginners it's a great place. Even on a regular weekday it's fun, there are several terrain parks over there but they have a couple places where they cleared out some glades on the blacks. The slopes are often in better condition than Snowshoe because it gets fewer skiers. They charge for parking, so take the shuttle. The night skiing is only on the blues and greens. 

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?