6 posts
4 users
1k+ views
wspr22
April 8, 2014
Member since 03/29/2014 🔗
3 posts

Hi,

I'm looking for a Snowshoe house share for the 2014/2015 winter season. I've search Google and came up with nothing. Local realtors produced no information. Can anyone advise? Thanks. 

eggraid
April 10, 2014
Member since 02/9/2010 🔗
510 posts

wspr22 wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for a Snowshoe house share for the 2014/2015 winter season. I've search Google and came up with nothing. Local realtors produced no information. Can anyone advise? Thanks. 

Could you elaborate on what a 'house share' is? What exactly are you looking for?

wspr22
April 10, 2014
3 posts

In the summer and winter seasons, people with common interests will jointly rent a house for the season. Other ski resorts have house shares. Below is an example of a house share in Vermont.

http://snowdaze.com

http://bit.ly/1jwMLjI

pagamony - DCSki Supporter 
April 10, 2014
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
925 posts

correct me if needed, but i believe the way this works is that you, as the eager beaver, lease the house and sell cheap shares to the rest of us, making a tidy profit for yourself except for the fact you loose your security deposit when we trash the place.  n'est pas ?

Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
April 10, 2014 (edited April 10, 2014)
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts

wspr22 wrote:

In the summer and winter seasons, people with common interests will jointly rent a house for the season. 

I 've done this with a bunch of people I worked with and some friends when I lived in Fairfax (mid 1980s).  We'd rent a dump a couple blocks from the beach in Ocean City.  It was basically a crash pad for all of us to get out of DC on summer weekends.  We had 10 - 12 guys / girls all in our early 20's.  Good times but I know we never got back our sec dep.

I'd be very selective with who to include if you were on the hook financially. 

wspr22
April 10, 2014
3 posts

Thanks for all of the comments adn feedback.

Just to repeat my intial posting, I am looking to join a house share. I'm even on the fence about purchasing a one bedroom but would rather join a house share.

Pagamony:

Typically those eager beaver types will do the leg work so they can stay at the mountain for free.  That's not me. I don't have the bandwidth to take on the house share admin role. 

Please advise if anyone knows of a website, realtor or group of people currently doing a ski house share at SS for 2014/2015. 

Thanks!

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?