Any suggestions for lodging at Snowshoe (and how are the terrain parks)?
7 posts
4 users
1k+ views
Dusty
February 15, 2014
Member since 03/2/2013 🔗
5 posts

Hi, 

We're planning a trip to Snowshow in March.  We've never been there before but have been to 7 Springs, Timberline, etc.

We're looking for reasonable lodging (we'll be using some of the 99.00 3 Day passes they sold at the beginning of the season, so don't need any stay/ski combs).

We're in our 50s so our nightlift is probably sore muscles and going to bed early.

BTW - any feedback on the terrain parks at Snowshoe?

Thanks in advance!

Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
February 16, 2014
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts

Dusty - can you firm up the dates, how many peeps and possible budget?

I could offer some suggestions with the info above. 

Dusty
February 16, 2014
Member since 03/2/2013 🔗
5 posts

Hi,

I hope you can offer some ideas - we don't get many opportunities to get out and ski, so we want to make the most of it.

There will just be 2 of us and we'd like to go Friday - Monday due to work obligations.  The most probable dates are 2/28 - 3/3 or 3/7-3/10.  We'd like to keep the lodging from 100- 125 /night and we'd like to be close to the slopes if possible.  As noted above we will have lift tickets and have our own equipment.

Any suggestions you may have about lodging, places to eat, short-cuts for driving from DC, etc. are appreciated.

Thanks again!

The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
February 16, 2014
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts

Go to website and see what lodging is available the dates you want to go.  Least expensive lodging slope side will be in the village a bit below $200 per night for slope side.  Properties in village are expedition station and Rimfire.  The Inn at Snowshoe has lower rates but is at the bottom of the mountain and a relatively long bus ride away from the slopes.  I checked their website to get these prices.  I would not wait much longer to reserve as they have been heavily booked on weekends this great snow year, and the large number of $199 season passes sold.  By the way they have announced a repeat of the "Ridiculous Season Pass" sale beginning Feb 18.  Call and speak with a reservations agent to see what deals might be available, but do it SOON.

The Colonel

Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
February 17, 2014 (edited February 17, 2014)
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts

Dusty wrote:

We'd like to keep the lodging from 100- 125 /night and we'd like to be close to the slopes if possible. 

That may be tough to get that price and a prime location.  Try vrbo.com  You may find a few owners that could get close to your price point. 

Ditto on what The Col said, you may want to act sooner than later.  

Regarding parks, SS has some nice parks.  Not as elaborate as 7S but a good variety for all skill levels 

Adamh21 - DCSki Supporter 
February 17, 2014
Member since 12/4/2008 🔗
26 posts

When I visited Snowshoe at the beginning of January I was able to find lodging for $125 a night at Top of the World renting directly from the owner. That are a few places on craigslist that are right in price range. Top of the World appears to be older condos compared to the rest of the village but great location. Ski in - Ski out and the Village is a quick bus trip away.

Dusty
February 17, 2014
Member since 03/2/2013 🔗
5 posts

Adamh21,

Thanks for your suggestion and the information provided.  This is a perfect solution for us.

To everyone who responded:

Your help is much appreciated and a good example of how DCSki can be a great forum for people to help others.

DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?