Timberline Kids Sunday Ski Club Info?
9 posts
8 users
2k+ views
DC_Dave
December 23, 2013
Member since 01/6/2010 🔗
6 posts

I was told TL has a sunday ski club for kids (not the race team) but I can't find any information.

Please send information if you can-- Thanks!

AndyGene
December 23, 2013
Member since 09/9/2013 🔗
229 posts

The Timberline facebook page posted this yesterday.  As always it is a bit cryptic.

Further detail: The all day children's program runs Friday through MONDAY. 10-3 for Timber Adventure ( 4-6 yr. Olds ) and Mountain Safari is for 7-10 yr. Olds running 6 hours long, from 9:30-3:30.

There was no other info, or a message requiring further detail.

The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
December 23, 2013
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts

Remember, register for classes early; a full class means you child will not get a lesson!

The Colonel

Tucker
December 24, 2013 (edited December 24, 2013)
Member since 03/14/2005 🔗
893 posts

DC Dave, yes, I believe this program got the go...the only way you are going to find out about it, is if you call the ski school desk...just call the 1800snowing general # then ask for ski school...Vicki is heading the program up and it will run on Sunday mornings at the same time as the snowboard team or club or whatever it is called now...its not like a lesson where you sign up every day before hand---you need to register your child/teen at the beginning of the season and that carries through the entire season...I am not sure what the prices are off the top of my head(but it is a very good deal and club members get discounted season passes)....both programs are great for younger riders and skiers to improve their skills while meeting new buddies on the mountains...prices are great and programs are awesome for the kids/teens...I would highly recommend both the sunday morning ski and snowboard club programs...to bad info about great on snow programs like these are not up on the website or anywhere else because they would get a lot more participants...

ps...there are a couple parents of former snowboard team members as well as former snowboard team members who participate on this forum that had children who or who themselves grew up riding on the snowboard team and then went on to be very strong riders, snowboard team coaches and even hold tilted positions in the snowsports industry...alright, Im done this is making me feel old...

DC_Dave
December 24, 2013
Member since 01/6/2010 🔗
6 posts

Thanks Tucker-- that's exactly the information needed.

Girlboarder247
December 24, 2013
Member since 01/2/2007 🔗
110 posts

Tucker wrote:

ps...there are a couple parents of former snowboard team members as well as former snowboard team members who participate on this forum that had children who or who themselves grew up riding on the snowboard team and then went on to be very strong riders, snowboard team coaches and even hold tilted positions in the snowsports industry...alright, Im done this is making me feel old...

Yeah, I heard that one of the original snowboard team members is now "tilted" as kind of Tucker's boss in the snowsports industry...what an old geezer! :)

Voila
December 24, 2013
Member since 12/17/2011 🔗
352 posts

Adding to Tucker's wealth of info, here's the Ski School Desk direct telephone line: 304.866.6333

TomH
December 26, 2013
Member since 07/6/2005 🔗
375 posts

In case anyone wanted additional info I got some details from Shawn Riggle who will be one of the instructors for the Timberline Alpine and Nordic Ski Club.  The emphasis is developing all mountain skiers that can ski on and off piste and all the different conditions a mountain can throw at you.  The club will meet Sundays from 9:00-12:30 from January 5th thru March 23.  Club Membership is $300 and a club Season Pass is $95.  This should be a great learning experience for kids - these instructors are fantastic and fun. 

SCWVA
January 9, 2014
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts

Here's some more info on the kids (and big kids) programs at Tline.

New programs at Timberline!

Timberline has several new clubs that will expand the skiing/riding experience for all.

The Advantage Club

The Advantage Club is a fun and friendly group of 50+ aged folks who will meet each Thursday and Friday at 9 am for fun, instruction and camaraderie. Geared for any level of skier, your options are to fine-tune skills, just ski for fun or try skiing for the first time (or if you want to resume pursuing snow sports)! There are discounts and deals to be had and new friends to be made. Come join our group each week in the Event Room at Timberline.

Timberline Alpine & Nordic Ski Club

This club is for children ages 8-17, and meets each Sunday from 9 am - 12:30 pm. A non-competitive group, the club provides a fun and safe setting for young skiers to develop the necessary skills to enjoy all-mountain skiing for a lifetime. Certified PSIA instructors lead the activities. There are membership fees offset by reduced season pass costs for members and families.

Timberline Snowboard Club

While the Snowboard Club isn't new (they've been riding for years!), they also are looking for additional members. The club meets Sundays from 9:30 am - 12:30 pm and allows young riders to get together and ride in a structured, fun learning environment. This club also has membership fees offset by reduced season pass costs.

Call Timberline's Ski School desk for more information

on the above clubs. 304-866-6333.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.