Wisp - No Birthday Celebration this year??
10 posts
5 users
5k+ views
jimboc
November 5, 2013
Member since 03/30/2004 🔗
260 posts

Just received this...." thank you for contacting info@wispresort.com.  The birthday celebration that was held in the past has been discontinued since the resort was bought by a new company.  If you would like to receive updates on any future specials you may enter your email address on the left-hand side of our website at www.wispresort.com under the vacation planner.  Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.  Have a great day!"

Gone to this every year since I can remember - was a great deal - and usually great early season skiing.

jimboc
November 5, 2013
260 posts

BTW for those that dont know - this was the weekend in December where they had $7 to $10 dollar lift tickets, lessons, and rentals.

bousquet19 - DCSki Supporter 
November 5, 2013
Member since 02/23/2006 🔗
778 posts

Sorry to hear that.  (Wisp, ya don't mess with tradition lightly.)  

I attended several times and had a blast, even if it rained.  And then there was always the cake.  :^)   Even circling the dates on my calendar was a preseason ritual.

Woody

JimK - DCSki Columnist
November 12, 2013
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts

I agree, sorry to see this tradition end.  I started about half my ski seasons in the last ten years at the Wisp Birthday event.  It was a great, low cost way to get your ski legs back.  Does the new DCSki have a bargain tracker feature?

JimK - DCSki Columnist
November 12, 2013
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts

JimK wrote:

Does the new DCSki have a bargain tracker feature?

I don't seem to have the ability to edit my posts, so commenting on my own:  if no bargain tracker maybe we as a community should start a Mid-Atlantic Skiing on the Cheap thread?

Scott - DCSki Editor
November 12, 2013
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts

JimK wrote:

JimK wrote:

Does the new DCSki have a bargain tracker feature?

I don't seem to have the ability to edit my posts, so commenting on my own:  if no bargain tracker maybe we as a community should start a Mid-Atlantic Skiing on the Cheap thread?

I don't have a formal Bargain Tracker on the new site.  I was hoping users could start a thread and just add to it as they discover bargains, as you suggested.

SCWVA
November 13, 2013
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts

WISP has also discontinued their White Friday sale, where you use to get three packs of lift tickets and mountain coaster passes at a discount.  They've also increased their midweek lift ticket prices.  :(

bousquet19 - DCSki Supporter 
November 13, 2013
Member since 02/23/2006 🔗
778 posts

New Management of Wisp:  

I like your addition of glades and designation of mogul zones on the slopes.  (Mogul bumps, that is, not super-wealthy moguls who already have their designated "zones" slopeside.)

For those of us looking for a bargain now and then, and looking for reasons to bring our friends (some who may be quite new to skiing) to Wisp, what are you offering?

Woody

SCWVA
November 13, 2013
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts

The new management is working hard!  Next year they're going to fix their webcams. I guess they don't want anyone to know they're not making snow.

jimboc
November 13, 2013
260 posts

SCWVA wrote:

WISP has also discontinued their White Friday sale, where you use to get three packs of lift tickets and mountain coaster passes at a discount.  They've also increased their midweek lift ticket prices.  :(

crud - thats 2 for 2 on the things i use wisp for the most

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?