Bryce's Web Site Makes Me Laugh!
13 posts
9 users
7k+ views
scootertig
November 17, 2008
Member since 02/19/2006 🔗
365 posts
Part of me wonders how, in this day and age, a company can put up a website that's so, um, not-new-looking. At the very least, I'd think they could get a better trail map (it would be nice to be able to actually read it, for instance).

But then, when I start to feel that way, I go back to the front page of their site, and wait... And then I look... And then I laugh.

http://www.bryceresort.com/

(wait for it... wait... for... it...)

aaron
langleyskier
November 17, 2008
Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
824 posts
wow, thats bad... love the extremely complex graphic of the skier... looks liek a 6th grader created it. And I think their trail map takes the cake for the crappiest around (along with their snow report section and website in general)
David
November 17, 2008
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
That skier graphic is one of the coolest things I have ever seen...
fishnski
November 17, 2008
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Did ya take the Bryce Zipline tour?...Bryce is the only Midatlantic area I havn't been to...looks scenic..Looked a little icy at the top where the skiers seemed to fishtail a little!
JimK - DCSki Columnist
November 17, 2008
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,963 posts
OK, go ahead and laugh. Just remember, on holiday weekends when things are ultra crazy at Whitetail, Liberty, Seven Springs, Snowshoe, Wintergreen, Massanutten, etc...the skier density depicted on their website is close to what you'll actually find on their slopes grin
scootertig
November 17, 2008
365 posts
We're definitely going there this year... We planned to make it last season, but the day we were headed there, it rained and iced, and they told us not to bother (I called before making the drive).

I've been grass skiing there several times, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what it's like on snow!

aaron
oldensign - DCSki Columnist
November 17, 2008
Member since 02/27/2007 🔗
499 posts
Still the only fly in ski area on the East Coast!
camp
November 18, 2008
Member since 01/30/2005 🔗
660 posts
Originally Posted By: JimK
....the skier density depicted on their website is close to what you'll actually find on their slopes grin
That's not quite true... My dad has a condo there (unfortunately...) and I've skied there a lot in the past few years with the kid. They get very long liftlines, and only 2 lifts.
GGNagy
November 18, 2008
Member since 01/5/2006 🔗
504 posts
Define "east coast". Seven Springs and Nemacolin Woodlands both have airports :P
fishnski
November 18, 2008
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Windwood fly in resort, canaan Valley...not today though...SNOW!
scootertig
November 18, 2008
365 posts
Well, I don't think Pennsylvania has an eastern coastline, so I think we can technically discount it as part of the East Coast (unless you count the banks of the Delaware River, I guess).

aaron
Clay
November 18, 2008
Member since 04/11/2006 🔗
555 posts
Originally Posted By: scootertig
Well, I don't think Pennsylvania has an eastern coastline

Sure it does. It's called New Jersey! laugh
GGNagy
November 19, 2008
Member since 01/5/2006 🔗
504 posts
Originally Posted By: fishnski
Windwood fly in resort, canaan Valley...not today though...SNOW!

You mean Harmon-Swecker? smile Winwood is close but it really isn't tied into either resort.

In that case, there is also Mid Atlantic Soaring just outside Ski Liberty. Good luck with that landing/takeoff. wink

Lost ski area Indian Lake, PA, had the Indian Lake Airport.
Unlost Ski Wisp had Bowman Field in McHenry which was replaced by Garrett Co Airport about a mile north.

Oh yeah, one more peice of trivia. Winwood, Bryce, and Nemacolin are all private, so radio ahead before landing and hope someone is listening.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?