Best place for watching lessons?
4 posts
4 users
skinewbie
3 months ago
Member since 01/22/2024 🔗
1 posts

Hi, I'm new here and new to taking kids to ski lessons...I took the kids to Liberty and was not impressed with the cafeteria. I had imagined waiting in a lodge by a fire with a cocktail while they took a lesson!

Which local resort has the nicest place for parents to wait while their kids take a lesson (preferably with a view of the bunny hill where they're skiing)? It doesn't have to include cocktails in fact I might want to work while they ski but prefer more comfortable seating than a gross cafeteria and better food options would be great.

Thanks!

Timothy.grasso
3 months ago (edited 3 months ago)
Member since 11/20/2018 🔗
70 posts

Bryce. It is the best place for new skiers to learn. The lodge faces the slopes and the beginning areas are in front of the lodge. Kinder School is a great option (includes rentals, lift ticket and a 90 minute private lesson for $200). Absolutely the best value in the game and their instructors are perfect for the beginner. Plus, everyone is super friendly there. And most weekends, the outdoor bar is open.  The cafeteria sells beverages/good food or you could go into the restaurant and sit at the bar (and still see the slopes where beginners would be). We have never had a bad meal at the restaurant.

davwilley
3 months ago (edited 3 months ago)
Member since 12/28/2023 🔗
15 posts

I completely agree with you. Here's their website in case you need to contact https://bryceresort.com/

Timothy.grasso wrote:

Bryce. It is the best place for new skiers to learn. The lodge faces the slopes and the beginning areas are in front of the lodge. Kinder School is a great option (includes rentals, lift ticket and a 90 minute private lesson for $200). Absolutely the best value in the game and their instructors are perfect for the beginner. Plus, everyone is super friendly there. And most weekends, the outdoor bar is open.  The cafeteria sells beverages/good food or you could go into the restaurant and sit at the bar (and still see the slopes where beginners would be). We have never had a bad meal at the restaurant.

Crush
3 months ago
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts
Wow I guess things have changed since way back in the day Liberty would hand out free leftover pizza which worked for me! Umm maybe Diamond Peak in North Lake Tahoe? Nah a bit of a drive for you.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.