November 19, 2019
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts

Open this Saturday 9 to 5 

Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
November 19, 2019
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts

Hmmmmmm ..... much shorter drive than Snowshoe for me, but it pains me to give $$ to Bob Nutting unless it's at Laurel Mountain.

Decisions, decisions ....

Timothy.grasso
November 19, 2019
Member since 11/20/2018 🔗
70 posts

And Hidden Valley.  The one weekend that my wife doesn't want to visit her parents!  

Mongo
November 19, 2019
Member since 02/24/2015 🔗
98 posts

Blue Don 1982 wrote:

Hmmmmmm ..... much shorter drive than Snowshoe for me, but it pains me to give $$ to Bob Nutting unless it's at Laurel Mountain.

I've never been to Laurel. Why would you go there rather than the much bigger Seven Springs?

Timothy.grasso
November 19, 2019 (edited November 19, 2019)
Member since 11/20/2018 🔗
70 posts

Laurel is pretty much what I want/imagine skiing to be. No lines and a lot of fun!  Hoping that a good snow will line up with visiting the in-laws this winter! My father in-law and I skied last winter and both agreed best place to ski in western PA!

Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
November 19, 2019 (edited November 20, 2019)
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts

Mongo wrote:

I've never been to Laurel. Why would you go there rather than the much bigger Seven Springs?

This will sound weird since I am a Snowshoe homeowner.  I view 7S as a junior Snowshoe.  I think it's over priced for what you get and it's crowded on weekends.  Heck, Snowshoe is over priced and crowded too.  7S does not offer me anything I can't already get at Snowshoe.  

I agree with what Timothy said above, I like the low crowds.  I also like that the Lodge is clean and modern and lift appears well maintained and reliable.  IMO, it's just a cool ski place that's easy in, easy out and reasonable on my wallet.

Laurel is definitely smaller but I like it.  7S (Bob Nutting) doesn't need my $$ (He gets enough from MLB) but Laurel needs my money to be a viable option into the future, even if Bob get's a cut of my Laurel lift ticket.

Ha - maybe my ire for Bottom Line Bob is why I choose Laurel over 7S,  I guess the good news is we have 3 ski areas in WPA to choose from.  

You should give Laurel a try.

Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
November 19, 2019
2,038 posts

Blue Don 1982 wrote:

Mongo wrote:

This will sound weird since I am a Snowshoe homeowner.  I view 7S as a junior Snowshoe.  I think it's over priced for what you get and it's crowded on weekends.  Heck, Snowshoe is over priced and crowded too.  7S does not offer me anything I can't already get at Snowshoe.  

I agree with what Timothy said above, I like the low crowds.  I also like that the Lodge is clean and modern and lift appears well maintained and reliable.  IMO, it's just a cool ski place that's easy in, easy out and reasonable on my wallet.

Laurel is definitely smaller but I like it.  Bob Nutting doesn't need my $$ (He gets enough from MLB) but Laurel needs my money to be a viable option into the future, even if Bob get's a cut of my Laurel lift ticket.

Ha - maybe my ire for Bottom Line Bob is why I choose Laurel over 7S,  I guess the good news is we have 3 ski areas in WPA to choose from.  

You should give Laurel a try.

A good post is worth repeating. Laurel does need the patronage but if word gets out you might begin to encounter a line at the lift. ;~D Laurel will open sometime in December. There has been no date announced. A good deal at Laurel in prime season is the DCSki Gathering co-sponsored by PugSki.com and Support Laurel Mountain St. Park. Check there often for more details. 

RodneyBD - DCSki Supporter 
November 21, 2019
Member since 12/21/2004 🔗
259 posts

If Laurel Highlands gets a real winter - meaning base measured in feet - then Laurel has amazing terrain for this part of the world.  C'mon old man winter!

Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
November 23, 2019
2,038 posts

Game on:

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?