Where to buy crazy ski hats?
6 posts
3 users
2k+ views
superguy
November 14, 2018 (edited November 14, 2018)
Member since 03/8/2018 🔗
518 posts

I was doing some shopping to try to finish up my gear purchases for the season.  I've always liked wearing goofy hats, so I hit the web looking for some.  Only thing is that, to my surprise, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of them out there (or at least easily found).

I prefer the the fleece hats, and most of what I can find is only at mentalgear.com. Other places like Amazon and eBay either have Mental's hats or have the knit yarn ones that make my skin itch. I also don't want to look like Cthulhu going down the hill either. :D

Anyone know of any places to buy crazy ski hats?

Thanks!

Jacob
November 14, 2018
Member since 10/22/2004 🔗
20 posts

I suppose this counts as looking like Cthulhu?  They do have some other options, though.  

https://www.beardowear.com/collections/skimask/products/wolf-skimask

superguy
November 14, 2018
Member since 03/8/2018 🔗
518 posts

Well, this is what I meant by looking like Cthulhu:

:D

I'll check that site out.  Thanks. :)

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
November 14, 2018
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

Perhaps it's because all kids and many adults, even young adults, are wearing bike and ski helmets these days. ;-)

Try searching on "ski helmet cover."

https://evercover.com

superguy
November 16, 2018
Member since 03/8/2018 🔗
518 posts

Pbbbt. :D

I guess I'm just old school and stubborn.

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
November 16, 2018
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

superguy wrote:

Pbbbt. :D

I guess I'm just old school and stubborn.

My main ski buddy is in his late 60s.  Was skiing Aspen bump runs in high school.  Wasn't using a helmet when I started skiing with him in 2008.  As we started doing more trips and he got back into shape and was skiing more challenging terrain because he had someone to ski with in trees and bumps, he started looking at helmets.  I think he bought the first helmet the same season his ancient boots cracked at Big Sky and he had to buy boots from the resort ski shop.  Neither were a perfect fit, but did the job.  He got a better helmet a couple years ago when the visor on the first helmet cracked.

I didn't use a helmet until I decided it was time to buy my daughter one.  She started ski school long enough ago that helmets weren't required for kids yet.  Couldn't rent a kids helmet for a little kid back then.  Discovered that a helmet was more comfortable and warmer than any hat.  Much easier to stay dry when snowguns are on.  I don't fall often.  But have had a couple falls when I was glad I had a helmet.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?