8 ski areas still turning lifts this weekend!
6 posts
4 users
2k+ views
oldensign - DCSki Columnist
April 19, 2018
Member since 02/27/2007 🔗
499 posts

Mid Coasters -

There are still 8 ski area open on the East Coast. March and April has been great up here. I caught the last day of Waz last weekend and headed to the last day of Mt Snow this weekend.  Come on up. The snow is still here!!!! 

Maine
Sunday River - White Cap and Barker lifts open this weekend. Weekend operations only through 4/29.
Sugarloaf - Open top to bottom this weekend. Daily operations through 4/29.

New Hampshire
Wildcat - Open top to bottom this weekend; Daily operations though 4/22, then weekends only.

Vermont
Jay Peak - Stateside lifts only this weekend, as Tramside lifts are closed due to Tram deropement. Daily operations through 5/1; weekend operation through 5/6.
Killington - K1 and Superstar lifts open this weekend. Daily operations through 5/1, then Friday-Sunday operations.
Okemo - Main mountain open. Closing Sunday.
Mount Snow - Main mountain, Carinthia, and North Face open. Closing Sunday.
Sugarbush - Lincoln Peak and Castlerock open. Daily operations through 4/22; weekend operations through 5/6.

Source : http://www.newenglandskiindustry.com/viewstory.php?storyid=676

RodneyBD - DCSki Supporter 
April 19, 2018
Member since 12/21/2004 🔗
259 posts

It is snowing. Right now. At Killington.  Wish I could just jump in the car! (stupid job)

http://www.killington.com/the-mountain/webcams/mountain/mountain-view

wgo
April 19, 2018
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts

Killington the 1st week of April is usually a pretty safe bet, right? Trying to figure out when to use my Ikon pass for next season.

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
April 19, 2018
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

wgo wrote:

Killington the 1st week of April is usually a pretty safe bet, right? Trying to figure out when to use my Ikon pass for next season.

Yep, Killington is typically the last to close and tries very hard to make into May, one way or another.

I had a good time at Killington the Monday of Thanksgiving week even though only the gondola and one upper mountain chair were open.  The snow conditions were really quite good considering.  So early season works as well.

A few major lift upgrades are expected to be ready for the 2018-19 season.

http://www.newenglandskiindustry.com/viewstory.php?storyid=661

oldensign - DCSki Columnist
April 27, 2018
Member since 02/27/2007 🔗
499 posts

Skied Mt Snow it was mid winter coverage! However the snow turn to mash by mid day. still awesome! 

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
April 27, 2018 (edited April 27, 2018)
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

Whiteface will be open the last weekend of April.  But no gondola.  I'm going west in May.  Meeting up with friends who live near Bachelor and then going to use the MCP at Mammoth.  First time at both. :-)

OPEN SATURDAY, APRIL 28 - SUNDAY, APRIL 29

Great news””we're extending our season once again! Whiteface will re-open this weekend from Saturday, April 28 - Sunday, April 29 (note: NEW hours from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm). We will have limited services and anticipate opening the Facelift, Little Whiteface Lift, and Summit Quad (conditions permitting). The Cloudsplitter Gondola will not be open this weekend.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?