Ikon Base + Snowshoe Primo Add On
9 posts
5 users
4k+ views
Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
March 6, 2018
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts

Well, it's official.  I pulled the trigger on the Ikon Base Pass this AM.  Given that most of my Snowshoe trips have to occur on weekends, I opted to buy that Primo Add On.  After watching people roll up to the front of Ballhooter all day on Sat, I was envious so I splurged.

Added bonus - two of our grandkids turn 4 this summer so I added them to the Ikon Base for $29 each.  Best part of this was seeing their little faces on the Ikon website when I uploaded their pics for the passes.  

FYI - If you plan on calling to purchase any passes ..... be prepared to speak with someone who may not be familiar.  I bought the Ikon online but you have to call for the Primo Add On.  A gal from Mammoth Mountain processed my Add On.  Pretty sure she's never been to WV let alone even knew it was one of the 50 states.  She was SUPER friendly.

wgo
March 6, 2018
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts

Just to be clear, we cannot buy a ridculous pass and then upgrade to an Ikon pass, correct? We just buy the Ikon pass directly?

rbrtlav
March 6, 2018 (edited March 6, 2018)
Member since 12/2/2008 🔗
578 posts

wgo wrote:

Just to be clear, we cannot buy a ridculous pass and then upgrade to an Ikon pass, correct? We just buy the Ikon pass directly?

Correct. And the only way to a primo pass is the ikon pass. I would like someway to cancel the auto renew on my ridiculous pass though

wgo
March 6, 2018
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts

rbrtlav wrote:

wgo wrote:

Correct. And the only way to a primo pass is the ikon pass. I would like someway to cancel the auto renew on my ridiculous pass though

Just spoke with someone at Snowshoe who told me that no one would be auto-renewed because "it is a whole new system". Not sure that I believe this but that is what I was told. I hope it is true, I actually don't remember if I am set up to auto renew.

SkiBunny
March 6, 2018
Member since 02/13/2014 🔗
18 posts

Does anyone know:

1. If you get the base Ikon pass do you still get discounts on food and lodging at Snowshoe?

2. If a friend of mine gets the Ikon base pass, will they still have buddy passes for $ off a certain amount of lift tickets for friends? If so, any idea the cost? And is it for either Ikon pass or only the more expensive one?

I'll be going to Park City next year where my friend has a ski house so I'll have free lodging. They always get Deer Valley and Park City ski passes but they are considering the Ikon pass this year. Meanwhile, I am trying to make a decision on whether to get the Ikon base pass or just stick to the Ridiculous Pass and fork over the dough for passes to DV and PCMR. We'd probably only be skiing DV 2 days and PCMR 2 days. My friend usually gets buddy passes with those resort passes but with the change in options I've been thrown for a loop on most cost effective options on my end. Any info or thoughts?

March 6, 2018
1,580 posts
Reisen
March 6, 2018
Member since 01/25/2005 🔗
368 posts

SkiBunny wrote:

Does anyone know:

1. If you get the base Ikon pass do you still get discounts on food and lodging at Snowshoe?

2. If a friend of mine gets the Ikon base pass, will they still have buddy passes for $ off a certain amount of lift tickets for friends? If so, any idea the cost? And is it for either Ikon pass or only the more expensive one?

I'll be going to Park City next year where my friend has a ski house so I'll have free lodging. They always get Deer Valley and Park City ski passes but they are considering the Ikon pass this year. Meanwhile, I am trying to make a decision on whether to get the Ikon base pass or just stick to the Ridiculous Pass and fork over the dough for passes to DV and PCMR. We'd probably only be skiing DV 2 days and PCMR 2 days. My friend usually gets buddy passes with those resort passes but with the change in options I've been thrown for a loop on most cost effective options on my end. Any info or thoughts?

1.  Yes, you get the standard 10%.  It's unclear if the Ikon Pass will have the same loyalty program for loding as normal snowshoe pass (10% off first visit, 20% off second, 30% off subsequent).  I asked this question on Snowshoe's Facebook page yesterday and they haven't answered.

2.  Yes, Ikon base pass gets 8 buddy tickets good for 25% off standard rates.  The full Ikon Pass gets 10 tickets (info is on the Ikon Pass website).

3.   What is more cost effective for your Utah trip will likely depend on the dates (whether an Ikon Base Pass would be blacked out). If the pass is not blacked out, I suspect that be the way to go.

rbrtlav
March 6, 2018
Member since 12/2/2008 🔗
578 posts

I ordered a pass this morning... it looks like they will mail them in the fall so if you are planning on using it for the March/April perk I would call and figure out how you’d go about that before going. (Hopefully it’s show the email and get a ticket thing). It says you can get them at the resort, but I suspect you will get charged WV sales tax if you do that. 

I still have my Snowshoe 17/18 pass and my max pass for the trips I have left, so I wasn’t going to deal with this...but just a heads up. 

As far as other perks I talked to Snowshoe and they would not give me the $30 March buddy pass with the ikon (unless I upgrade to primo), but would let me use one of the 25% off tickets. I was going to ask this weekend, but I suspect I will need to continue to carry my Snowshoe pass for homeowner discounts. I like the deals on the ikon, but I feel like this is more complicated than it should be...

March 6, 2018
1,580 posts

rbrtlav wrote:

(Hopefully it’s show the email and get a ticket thing).

I called - they told me I'll need to go to The Depot and get some type of special ticket that allows me to use that Primo benefit 

I like the deals on the ikon, but I feel like this is more complicated than it should be...

I feel like there is a lot of confusion.  When I called about the primo benes for THIS year the dude had no clue.  I directed him to that link above.  He then went to a supervisor who spoke of heading to the Depot.  I suspect that will be a cluster **** but I'll tackle that on Thursday morning when no crowds are there.

DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?