Snow sunday-monday
11 posts
4 users
1k+ views
wgo
March 5, 2018
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts
On weather underground predictions for a foot of snow have popped up for next sunday-monday at SS. Not seeing this on any of the other standard sites. Weather gurus- what say you? Currently planning on skiing SS sat/sun and I need to figure out if I can extend this.
Reisen
March 5, 2018
Member since 01/25/2005 🔗
368 posts

wgo wrote:

On weather underground predictions for a foot of snow have popped up for next sunday-monday at SS. Not seeing this on any of the other standard sites. Weather gurus- what say you? Currently planning on skiing SS sat/sun and I need to figure out if I can extend this.

Are we also supposed to get snow in advance of Sunday?  

rbrtlav
March 5, 2018
Member since 12/2/2008 🔗
578 posts

I usually find weather underground the most accurate for Snowshoe...but I saw this too and find it hard to believe. I think it was 3” when I checked last night and the temps seem on the warm side. I’ll be watching this this week as well

wgo
March 5, 2018
1,666 posts

Urg. Try to extend lodging reservations, figure out who's going to watch the dog if we are gone for  an extra day, let the schools know the kids will be missing school...I love me some fresh powder but the lead up can be very stressful.

wgo
March 5, 2018
1,666 posts

rbrtlav wrote:

I usually find weather underground the most accurate for Snowshoe...but I saw this too and find it hard to believe. I think it was 3” when I checked last night and the temps seem on the warm side. I’ll be watching this this week as well

Yeah, I was checking last night as well and when I saw the revised predictions this morning I could hardly believe it.

wgo
March 5, 2018
1,666 posts

Reisen wrote:

wgo wrote:

https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/wv/snowshoe/KWVSNOWS11?cm_ven=localwx_10day

Reisen
March 5, 2018
368 posts

wgo wrote:

Reisen wrote:

wgo wrote:

https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/wv/snowshoe/KWVSNOWS11?cm_ven=localwx_10day

Man, this weekend could be great, or not-so-great.  I guess it depends on how much rain on Saturday, and the timing of Sunday's snow.  If it's the same storm from Saturday (and it turns over to snow sometime Saturday night), maybe we could get lucky and have a lot of fresh on Sunday morning.  

Bonzski
March 5, 2018
Member since 10/21/2015 🔗
652 posts

Watch for Brad Panovich's skier forecasts on Ski Southeast (or Youtube), usually posted on Tues & Thurs.  Brad is a skier and understand's the WV mountain micro-climates better than most.  Last post https://youtu.be/9arj3bJRcf4

wgo
March 5, 2018
1,666 posts

Decided to go ahead and book an extra night. So if the snow does not materialize you can all go ahead and blame me for jinxing it.

Reisen
March 5, 2018
368 posts

wgo wrote:

Decided to go ahead and book an extra night. So if the snow does not materialize you can all go ahead and blame me for jinxing it.

I figure we already have the weekend covered, and what are the chances the mountain is booked up on Sunday night...  I spoke to my boss an hour ago about taking next Monday off, and she blessed it, but I still have to solve for the wife's job and the kids' school.

rbrtlav
March 5, 2018
Member since 12/2/2008 🔗
578 posts

Evening forecast seems to have less snow but colder temps, I’ll take the colder temps...

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?