Snowshoe Ridiculous Pass 18/19
7 posts
6 users
5k+ views
David
February 5, 2018
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts

Snowshoe just announced today on their Facebook that their Ridiculous Pass will go on sale on March 6th this year. Unfortunately this year they are choosing to not offer the add-on for younger kids. This will end up being a deal-breaker for me. The extra few bucks made it a no brainer last season. Not this year I guess... 

Good thing that my 6 year old told me over the weekend that she enjoyed XC skiing at Whitegrass more than alpine skiing. 

wgo
February 5, 2018
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts

David wrote:

Unfortunately this year they are choosing to not offer the add-on for younger kids. This will end up being a deal-breaker for me. The extra few bucks made it a no brainer last season. Not this year I guess... 

That's unfortunate. My son will be 13 next year so I guess he would have aged out but my daughter will be 10, so she would have qualified for a free pass.  We have really enjoyed snowshoe this year, but if CVR offers passes at a comparable price maybe we will try that so we can get to the valley more. 

rbrtlav
February 5, 2018
Member since 12/2/2008 🔗
578 posts

I suspect this means details about the Ikon pass will be out before march 6. 

Really hoping that Snowshoe is unlimited here and the Ikon is less than $600.... 

"QUESTION: HOW MANY DAYS ON THE SLOPES DO WE GET AT EACH MOUNTAIN ON THE IKON PASS?

Answer: Pass privileges will range from full unlimited access to a set number of days that will vary by destination. More details to be released in the coming weeks"

Reisen
February 5, 2018
Member since 01/25/2005 🔗
368 posts

That really stinks about the add-on.  With that, the pass was a no-brainer.  Without it, I think I might be more likely to just ski Whitetail locally and take an extra trip out west or something.  I guess the Ikon pass will be the big question mark.  

oddballstocks
February 5, 2018
Member since 02/11/2017 🔗
123 posts

The kids were the icing on the cake.  Hate to admit it, but will be looking at the Highlands pass for next year, not Snowshoe.

Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
February 6, 2018
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts

rbrtlav wrote:

I suspect this means details about the Ikon pass will be out before march 6. 

I thought I read they would be out this month (FEB)

Really hoping that Snowshoe is unlimited here and the Ikon is less than $600.... 

That would be FANTASTIC.  

"QUESTION: HOW MANY DAYS ON THE SLOPES DO WE GET AT EACH MOUNTAIN ON THE IKON PASS?

Answer: Pass privileges will range from full unlimited access to a set number of days that will vary by destination. More details to be released in the coming weeks"

If we could get unlimited at SS and at least 3 days at each of the other resorts for 600 beans I'd be a pig in mud next year.   

rbrtlav
February 18, 2018 (edited February 18, 2018)
Member since 12/2/2008 🔗
578 posts

$229 for mar 6-15; good from purchase time through 18/19 season. Snow report this morning had that note and no other details, I think this is what the price was last year. 

Still waiting on the Ikon pass details. (At this point i have 4 days at tremblant and 5 at steamboat, hoping to use it at least one more time, but steamboat alone paid for the add $449 add on) But nice to see how the ridiculous pass price stayed the same

DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.