Support DCSki via Patreon
12 posts
5 users
3k+ views
Scott - DCSki Editor
December 13, 2017
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts

In the past, DCSki allowed readers to contribute donations to help fund the operation of the site.  I haven't done that in awhile, but I just established a Patreon site that allows readers to contribute as little as $1 a month to support DCSki as patrons.  In the near future, I'll be updating DCSki so patrons are recognized when they post to the DCSki forums.

DCSki's operating costs are defrayed in part through a small number of local advertisers who generously support the site.  But advertising revenue only pays some of the fixed costs of operating the site and doesn't cover the time I put into DCSki each year.  As many of you know, DCSki has been a labor of love for over 27 years and I've made personal sacrifices to keep the site running as an enduring resource for winter sports enthusiasts, even as similar sites have shut down.  Through Patreon, passionate users of DCSki now have the ability to easily contribute a monthly subscription fee to help keep the site running and to show their support.  I expect these contributions will be modest, but any amount will be appreciated and help support the creation of new content and the continuation of DCSki as an independent resource for skiers and snowboarders in the Mid-Atlantic and beyond.

Visit the Patreon site (https://www.patreon.com/dcski) if you'd like to become a supporter.  You can choose the amount of money you'd like to donate per month -- as little as $1 -- and can discontinue your donation at any time.

Once I update the DCSki Message Forums, patrons will be recognized through three award tiers.  Green Circle supporters contribute at least $1 per month; Blue Square supporters contribute at least $5 per month; and Black Diamond supporters contribute at least $10 per month.  An icon will show up by your name when you post to the forums recognizing your supporter level.  There might even be some surprises for the largest supporters.

Let me know if you have any questions, and thanks for being part of the DCSki community.  I appreciate any support you provide.

snowsmith - DCSki Supporter 
December 14, 2017
Member since 03/15/2004 🔗
1,576 posts

Can you just contribute a lump sum instead of a monthly amount?

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
December 14, 2017
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,245 posts

snowsmith wrote:

I would also be more willing to support DCSki with a one-time payment.  That's what happens for TheSkiDiva .com .  She uses PayPal to pull in money from "Angel Divas."  Posts a reminder in a thread about the idea once or twice a year.

Scott - DCSki Editor
December 14, 2017
1,249 posts

snowsmith wrote:

Patreon doesn't support one-way donations as its goal is to create a recurring revenue stream for content producers, but I'll work on creating a PayPal Donate button as an alternative way to allow one-time donations.

Scott - DCSki Editor
December 15, 2017
1,249 posts

In addition to supporting DCSki through Patreon, you may now also make a one-time contribution via PayPal.  Visit the new DCSki Support page to learn how.  Thanks for your support!

Scott - DCSki Editor
December 16, 2017
1,249 posts

There is now a Supporters page in the DCSki Forum that lists all members who have donated to help keep DCSki running.  Special thanks to billroa, Blue Don 1982, and swimski for being early supporters!  I appreciate it.

oldensign - DCSki Columnist
December 18, 2017
Member since 02/27/2007 🔗
499 posts

Boom - Signed up!

Scott - DCSki Editor
December 18, 2017
1,249 posts

oldensign wrote:

Boom - Signed up!

Thank you sir!  :)

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
December 18, 2017
3,245 posts

Done.  Thanks for setting up the PayPal option.

Keep up the good work!

Scott - DCSki Editor
December 18, 2017
1,249 posts

marzNC wrote:

Done.  Thanks for setting up the PayPal option.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you marzNC!  You should see "DCSki Supporter" next to your name now.

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
November 2, 2020
3,245 posts

Occurred to me that this would be a good time to once again support DCSki with a bit of funding for the new 2020 server.  The new software is awesome!

For folks interested in knowing the options for supporting Scott, go to the DCSki Support page.

https://www.dcski.com/about/support.php

The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
November 2, 2020
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts

Glad to be a DCSki supporter!

The Colonel aka MorganB

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?