Silver creek on holiday weekends
4 posts
4 users
1k+ views
wgo
November 20, 2017
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts
Snowshoe regulars - how manageable are the crowds at silver creek on a holiday weekend? Will be trying to ski SC more on Saturdays generally and was wondering how much more crowded it gets on holidays.
Sschneid
November 20, 2017
Member since 03/22/2015 🔗
50 posts

wgo wrote:

Snowshoe regulars - how manageable are the crowds at silver creek on a holiday weekend? Will be trying to ski SC more on Saturdays generally and was wondering how much more crowded it gets on holidays.

Skied silver creek most of the day last Presidents’ Day weekend (on Saturday) and hardly waited more than 3 mins in a line.  Longest line we waited in was to get food and that was still less than ten minutes.  

rbrtlav
November 21, 2017
Member since 12/2/2008 🔗
578 posts

Soaring eagle lift never seems to be crowded either. And when you are done over there you can either catch a bus at top of the world or ski down to grabhammer triple, ski down to skidder, and take the skidder lift to the village. (Admittingly it doesn’t quite go high enough for mountain lodge) Silver creek is another good option, but if you want to ski the basin you can avoid the crowds

I think the crowds at Snowshoe are over exaggerated. Just avoid powder monkey lift and ballhooter lift and it really isn’t that bad.

eggraid
November 21, 2017
Member since 02/9/2010 🔗
510 posts

rbrtlav wrote:

Soaring eagle lift never seems to be crowded either. And when you are done over there you can either catch a bus at top of the world or ski down to grabhammer triple, ski down to skidder, and take the skidder lift to the village. (Admittingly it doesn’t quite go high enough for mountain lodge) Silver creek is another good option, but if you want to ski the basin you can avoid the crowds

I think the crowds at Snowshoe are over exaggerated. Just avoid powder monkey lift and ballhooter lift and it really isn’t that bad.

crowds at snowshoe exaggerated? No way! I find soaring Eagle to be very crowded, too, at least in the prime skiing hours. not early or late, but the middle of the day, it's still a good wait. Silver Creek is a great place to avoid lift lines on a holiday weekend, that's where you'll find my family after about 10:30 AM on those weekends.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?