2017 / 2018 Mid Atlantic Opening Days
76 posts
32 users
10k+ views
ParkCrewDrew
November 7, 2017
Member since 01/24/2014 🔗
125 posts

With lows in the 10s and 20s this weekend it's got me thinking about the ski slopes blowing snow and opening.   Figured we need a thread to keep track of it so here we go! 

I saw 7spring was hooking up the hoses and snow guns today so they probally will be blowing snow over the weekend.    I am sure a bunch of other places will be doing the same.  

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
November 7, 2017
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,245 posts

According to SkiSoutheast, Massanutten is thinking about opening before Thanksgiving.  That would be a first in my experience skiing there since 2004.  Obviously the new pipe and water supply is changing their thinking about when to crank up the snowguns. have more automated snowguns too.

squeakywheels
November 8, 2017
Member since 08/4/2017 🔗
38 posts

Is this possible?

eggraid
November 8, 2017
Member since 02/9/2010 🔗
510 posts

squeakywheels wrote:

Is this possible?

That's a long way out, but I would certainly not complain if it held true!

DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort
crgildart
November 8, 2017
Member since 07/13/2014 🔗
767 posts

I think they will start blowing Friday the way things are looking.  Game on in less than 2 weeks if we're lucky!

rbrtlav
November 8, 2017
Member since 12/2/2008 🔗
578 posts

Snowshoe is still advertising november 22, this weekend will probably determine if the can make that or not.

Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
November 9, 2017
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts

J Berk out of Baltimore is on board.

Bonzski
November 9, 2017
Member since 10/21/2015 🔗
652 posts

rbrtlav wrote:

Snowshoe is still advertising november 22, this weekend will probably determine if the can make that or not.

I expect they'll be cranking it out this weekend to test new guns, lines, etc.

November 9, 2017
1,580 posts

Bonzski wrote:

I expect they'll be cranking it out this weekend to test new guns, lines, etc.

Looks like it's official

squeakywheels
November 9, 2017
Member since 08/4/2017 🔗
38 posts

The forum jumped into high gear. Winter must be close!

Bdw611
November 10, 2017
Member since 02/29/2016 🔗
46 posts

Snowshoes guns are blasting this morning. Game On!!!

The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
November 13, 2017
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts

Anybody know the status of Timberline?  Last I saw they announced a joint ticket arrangement with Canaan Valley that Canaan Valley said was not true.  Any news at all?

MorganB

eggraid
November 13, 2017
Member since 02/9/2010 🔗
510 posts

The Colonel wrote:

Anybody know the status of Timberline?  Last I saw they announced a joint ticket arrangement with Canaan Valley that Canaan Valley said was not true.  Any news at all?

MorganB

Can one ever really know the status of Timberline? ;-)  

November 14, 2017
1,580 posts

Nice to see the guns on at noon in Snowshoe.  If they don't get too much rain the next few days they may be in pretty good shape for the 11/22 opening.  Just talked to some folks down there and they are calling for some natural snow and cold temps the latter part of the weekend.

TomH
November 16, 2017 (edited November 16, 2017)
Member since 07/6/2005 🔗
375 posts

The Colonel wrote:

MorganB

Timberline traditionally opens mid-December.  I saw a recent photo of most of their snowguns  in the parking lot.  Guess they are getting ready to put them in place.  So doubtful that they have tested the system fully at this time and if recent history is of any use there are normally substantial repairs to be made.  So we should keep our fingers crossed for a mid december opening if there is cold weather.

AndyGene
November 16, 2017
Member since 09/9/2013 🔗
229 posts

TomH wrote:

The Colonel wrote:

MorganB

Timberline traditionally opens mid-December.  I saw a recent photo of most of their snowguns  in the parking lot.  Guess they are getting ready to put them in place.  So doubtful that they have tested the system fully at this time and if recent history is of any use there are normally substantial repairs to be made.  So we should keep our fingers crossed for a mid december opening if there is cold weather.

I'm guessing by MLK weekend they will have both White Lightning and the Salemander open if you guys want to plan a trip.

November 16, 2017 (edited November 16, 2017)
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts

Mr Fish, How is it looking for Thanksgiving in the Mid-A?

Happy Thanksgiving to you and the Mrs!

MorganB. Aka The Colonel

JohnL
November 16, 2017
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts

The Colonel wrote:

MorganB

Best case status, their operation is as smooth as it was last year. Has Timbers re-opened yet?7

JohnL
November 16, 2017
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts

Snow making temps next week. Hopefully numerous local areas take advantage to start building their bases. Economically, I don’t expect many local areas to open before ~Dec 8, but to open even then you must make hay when you can. 

fishnski
November 16, 2017 (edited November 17, 2017)
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts

Blue Don 1982 wrote:

J Berk out of Baltimore is on board.

Rat back atya Colonel!...Above was the idea awhile back that got the snow geeks all excited like a troop? of chimps in a Jane goodal documentry going apeshit over a bunch of Bananas!...Me too!...Uall can see that huge blocking High over Greenland that was supposed to block all the cold air and push it down to us in the East and then forming a good storm at the base of the trough of cold...well...here is a shot of all the really cold stuff up in Canada and Alaska that was going to unleash on us...
parts are coming down as you can see here on Monday Tgiving week giving some lake effect and snow blowing cold to our area but it doesnt last as long and is not as deep as was showing on the models earlier...then the Big Tgiving Blast that looked so awesome with the storm potential earlier will be coming in mostly dry and the cold starting tuesday evening will split by saturday afternoon with possible rain following...(GFS look...Euro has cold ending earlier but then coming back by late Sat/Sun..).Snowshoe could get up and running but they..according to the Don are hedging now..maybe because they just dont think it will be worth the effort..dunno..wait n see....here is a pic of Tgiving day...blocking high still up at Greenland and cold shunted down to us...

The pattern looks active and the cold shots look to keep coming in..but its only Nov 16th...we would be loving life with this pattern for Xmas...I cant snow play till the end of January so uall have fun...im gone Fishing!

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
November 19, 2017
3,245 posts

Dec. 14 and Dec. 15 are the target opening dates for Timberline and Canaan Valley.

crgildart
November 19, 2017
767 posts

Appalachian is blowing snow right now woot woot!

ParkCrewDrew
November 19, 2017
Member since 01/24/2014 🔗
125 posts
Unofficial information from 7springs is a Friday 11/24 opening!
crgildart
November 20, 2017
767 posts

Was looking at a day trip this Saturday but realized NEXT weekend Applachian will have $5.00 lift tickets Saturday and Sunday.  they'll probably also have more terrain open by then.. So, being on a tigher budget, much tighter, I'm going to pass this weekend and just spend time getting the house ready for the holidays and take a kid or two skiing next weekend instead..

DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort
SCWVA
November 22, 2017
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
Weather permitting of course, WIsp has scheduled a December 15th opening.
crgildart
November 23, 2017
767 posts

Looks like the cool air didn't materialize as expected.  Sugar is BAREly open.  Most others just called the weekend off around here.  Bring on snow miser!

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
November 24, 2017
3,245 posts

Along with Snowshoe, Sugar, Beech, and Cataloochee are open in NC.  Only day skiing.  Was just a few degrees too warm for App to make snow.  Same story for Massanutten and Wintergreen although the forecast for the upcoming week is the bigger deterrent.  Rain and warmer temps before it cools down again.  Bryce has tested out their snow guns so will be ready when the weather cooperates in December.

clumsyskier
December 1, 2017
Member since 11/24/2013 🔗
3 posts

Any chance it will get cold enough later this week to allow any of the local resorts to open by the weekend of 12/8 & 9?

skinavy
December 1, 2017
Member since 02/24/2015 🔗
78 posts

My $0.02 is the Snowtime hills open mid-week, about the 13th-14th.  They need 3 full days of quality blowing.  Nights are in play starting Thursday, but they may not be able to blow during daylight to lay enough for a Sunday open?  

Pray that the Alaska and Greenland Highs lock into position- looks good so far.

clumsyskier
December 1, 2017
3 posts

Fingers crossed!  Would be awesome if Thurs and Fri were cold enough to allow them to open a few trails on Sunday....

bousquet19 - DCSki Supporter 
December 1, 2017
Member since 02/23/2006 🔗
778 posts

skinavy wrote:

My $0.02 is the Snowtime hills open mid-week, about the 13th-14th.  They need 3 full days of quality blowing.  Nights are in play starting Thursday, but they may not be able to blow during daylight to lay enough for a Sunday open?  

Skinavy, 

That makes sense to me, based on my poorly-educated look at the forecasts.

The waiting is always so difficult.  And those first turns (even if they're on chicken heads or death cookies) are always so exhilirating!

Woody

FreshPow
December 1, 2017 (edited December 1, 2017)
Member since 01/2/2008 🔗
174 posts

skinavy wrote:

I think this is more on target. But Thursday/Friday is the usual opener. So perhaps 14/15. Opening on a Sunday wouldn't fit usual practice. It plays with ability to get weekend workers (i.e. patrol, ski school) up there for just the one day. Let's see...

clumsyskier
December 1, 2017
3 posts

FreshPow wrote:

skinavy wrote:

I think this is more on target. But Thursday/Friday is the usual opener. So perhaps 14/15. Opening on a Sunday wouldn't fit usual practice. It plays with ability to get weekend workers (i.e. patrol, ski school) up there for just the one day. Let's see...

Sadly, that makes good sense to me, too.  But one can always hope...

December 2, 2017
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts

Stop guessing who might be open...Go to already open Snowshoe!

MorganB

mwg
December 11, 2017
Member since 08/24/2005 🔗
46 posts

Whitetail will be opening on Friday, December 15th at 8:30 AM.

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
December 11, 2017
3,245 posts

Montage is opening at noon on Thursday, Dec. 14.

If you're wondering why I care, I'm meeting up with Ski Diva friends this weekend on my way to Boston.  We were waiting to see which places would be open before deciding on the location.  The meetups will be at Montage on Saturday and Belleayre on Sunday, Dec. 16-17.

Jim
December 11, 2017
Member since 11/22/1999 🔗
317 posts

Liberty opening Friday at 8:30am. 

crgildart
December 12, 2017
767 posts

Appalacian was really nice Sunday.  Everything but Hard Core was open and that was close.  Totally game on this weekend everywhere around here. Hope the cold stays in to the holiday break..

AndyGene
December 12, 2017
Member since 09/9/2013 🔗
229 posts

Timberline is opening Friday and they won’t have a top to bottom trail. Only open from the midstation. What a joke. 

JohnL
December 12, 2017
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts

AndyGene wrote:

Timberline is opening Friday and they won’t have a top to bottom trail. Only open from the midstation. What a joke. 

Epic Fail.

CVR has been a bit disappointing given the snowmaking window. Sigh.

snapdragon
December 13, 2017
Member since 01/27/2015 🔗
346 posts

CVR is open to the top at both the beginner and main slope.  The beginner magic carpet area will also be open as well as the tubing park.  No disappointment with CVR's snowmaking efforts so far this year.  I guess you just can't please erbody.  

JohnL
December 13, 2017
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts

snapdragon wrote:

CVR is open to the top at both the beginner and main slope.  The beginner magic carpet area will also be open as well as the tubing park.  No disappointment with CVR's snowmaking efforts so far this year.  I guess you just can't please erbody.  

Lots of people are not pleased, not just me. I’m on an email thread with 8 or so Valley locals and regulars, and there is universal disappointment. 

AndyGene
December 13, 2017
Member since 09/9/2013 🔗
229 posts

JohnL wrote:

snapdragon wrote:

Lots of people are not pleased, not just me. I’m on an email thread with 8 or so Valley locals and regulars, and there is universal disappointment. 

How do they feel about Timberline?  Serious question.  I'm just glad I don't own a home in the Valley.  Outside of whitegrass, the skiing seems to be a joke.  Has snow blowing always been this bad in the area, or did snowshoe just get so good at in the last few years? 

snapdragon
December 13, 2017
346 posts

Like I said...You can't please erbody. 

crgildart
December 13, 2017
767 posts

I'll take Timberline 4S over every other Mid Atlantic option available when there has been decent natural snow, or lots of it.  I don't mind the slow lifts when tradded off for bigger crowds and longer lines at SnowShoe and other places.  When the terrain's open it's the best around.  Problem is, that is now not very often at all.  In all fairness, a couple other places I ski at also never made it to 100% open for more than a minute or two last season..

JohnL
December 13, 2017 (edited December 13, 2017)
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts

Dude- Snapdragon, we’ll have to disagree on this, but no hard feelings on the mountain? Remember, I am a pass holder this year and last. Improvements have been made, but CVR ops still has constraints. Which sucks. Shalom.

JohnL
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts

AndyGene wrote:

JohnL wrote:

snapdragon wrote:

How do they feel about Timberline?  Serious question.  I'm just glad I don't own a home in the Valley.  Outside of whitegrass, the skiing seems to be a joke.  Has snow blowing always been this bad in the area, or did snowshoe just get so good at in the last few years? 

People have given up on Timberline ownership. They are homeowners, current employees, past employees, long-time passholders. I have had a pass at Timberline for at least seven years now - have to see how many are stuck in my sleeve holder under the current one. I also have a pass at CVR.

5-10 years ago, grooming and snowmaking were top notch. Best snow surface in Mid A. Though they maybe built too much of a base on a trail before moving on to the next. I never complained much about slow lifts and old lodge, because the skiing, vibe and people were so great.

What changed? Bad business decisions eroded capital - ownership ran out of assets/had too many liens, equipment was not maintained/replaced, primary operating ownership changed, good people were driven out.

JimK - DCSki Columnist
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,963 posts

Nothing wrong with T-Line that a good three foot dump won't fix:-)

Bryce is opening on 12/16/17.  They are small, but pretty good about opening with a bang - all or almost all of their terrain.

I think it's better for our locals mtns to open a little late, but with a good sustained cold snap, over opening a little early and then suffer erratic temperatures.

fishnski
December 13, 2017
3,530 posts

JimK wrote:

Nothing wrong with T-Line that a good three foot dump won't fix:-)

Thats WHAT is wrong with the valley ski areas...MCVGA!!

Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
December 13, 2017
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts

Laurel announced opening dated is December 21.

https://www.facebook.com/LaurelMountainSki/videos/1870864809891770/

snapdragon
December 14, 2017
346 posts

Its all good JohnL...I think a few runs this Friday will get everyone's mind right.  See you there.

December 14, 2017 (edited December 14, 2017)
1,580 posts

snapdragon wrote:

Its all good JohnL...I think a few runs this Friday will get everyone's mind right.  See you there.

Are they (TL) opening Fri or Sat?  

Their Facebook says Fri.  Their website says Sat. Their countdown on the website indicates midnight Friday.

and their webcam ........ good grief.

wgo
December 14, 2017
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts
I think they are meeting up at CVR, not TL.
AndyGene
December 14, 2017
Member since 09/9/2013 🔗
229 posts

AndyGene wrote:

Scratch that.  Per Facebook, they won't open until Saturday.  Still no top to bottom trail.

bonefish
December 14, 2017 (edited December 14, 2017)
Member since 12/4/2017 🔗
17 posts

Blue Don 1982 wrote:

Their Facebook says Fri.  Their website says Sat. Their countdown on the website indicates midnight Friday.

It would seem at this point timberline would probably just be better off waiting until next weekend to open. They are just waffling around this opening and its turning into a bit of a junk show. According to their FB they are now pushing back opening day a second time this week becuase they are still trying to get the lifts working. on their web page they are advertising hiring for what looks like every job position. They are going to try to open with effectively the bunny hill and 1 short run from mid station when all the other resorts in the Mid-A will have lots of top to bottom runs ready to ski. They don't have a webcam operational. Just seems like they are throwing everything together at the last minute. 

David
December 14, 2017
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts

bonefish wrote:

Blue Don 1982 wrote:

It would seem at this point timberline would probably just be better off waiting until next weekend to open. They are just waffling around this opening and its turning into a bit of a junk show. According to their FB they are now pushing back opening day a second time this week becuase they are still trying to get the lifts working. on their web page they are advertising hiring for what looks like every job position. They are going to try to open with effectively the bunny hill and 1 short run from mid station when all the other resorts in the Mid-A will have lots of top to bottom runs ready to ski. They don't have a webcam operational. Just seems like they are throwing everything together at the last minute. 

Exactly what those in the know have been saying for the past 5 years. I don't think that anyone at this point is accusing Tline owners of anything malicious but there comes a time when things just aren't working out and I think it's about that time.

David
December 16, 2017
2,444 posts

More epic failing at Timberline today. According to their Facebook as of 9pm last night everything was go for mid station runs today, but this AM the lift still isn't running. Only have the beginner lift running today. According to their website they are still hiring...

Meanwhile Snowshoe has 32 trails and 1,500 vert feet of skiing opened up...

bonefish
December 16, 2017 (edited December 16, 2017)
Member since 12/4/2017 🔗
17 posts

Wow, not good. It also appears from the timberline webcam that a grooming machine is broken down and roped off in the middle of the bunny hill, and their website all the sudden says they are closing skiing operations back down on Monday.

It does look like there are a couple quality runs from top to bottom at Canaan Resort and Whitegrass has good open terrain on their mountain as well...atleast people in the Canaan Valley have better options this weekend.

JohnL
December 16, 2017
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts

Canaan Valley skied greeeeeeaaaaaat today; saw Snapdragon from the lift milking some pow on the far sides. (Copied his Lower C  terrain roll line. ;) ) Huge whales on some closed trails; they were very close to having several more trails open - dang water supply. But the good news is They should have a lot of terrain open for the Holidays.

Place was empty for such great conditions. 

fishnski
December 17, 2017
3,530 posts

Does snapdragon = Red?..if so I see him..you..almost every time I ski Canaan which over the last few years is 85% of my time....

AndyGene
December 17, 2017
Member since 09/9/2013 🔗
229 posts

So did timberline get open to the mod station, or is it still just three beginners trail?

JohnL
December 17, 2017
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts

AndyGene wrote:

So did timberline get open to the mod station, or is it still just three beginners trail?

Lift was spinning Sat nite, so I’m pretty certain they did. And they finally got a liquor license, so Timbers is back.

The appeared to have made a decent amount of snow. It seemed they could have opened from the top. But that would have required at least one working groomer... And lifts ready in time would help. 

They are advertising jobs everywhere - so they are short staffed. Helps to treat employees well to get them to rehire each season.

msprings
December 19, 2017
Member since 07/4/2014 🔗
153 posts

With Laurel Mountain opening for it's second season this Thursday, there should be a resort profile for the ski area just like the others on here. 

pagamony - DCSki Supporter 
December 20, 2017
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
925 posts

JohnL wrote:

AndyGene wrote:

Lift was spinning Sat nite, so I’m pretty certain they did. And they finally got a liquor license, so Timbers is back.

The appeared to have made a decent amount of snow. It seemed they could have opened from the top. But that would have required at least one working groomer... And lifts ready in time would help. 

They are advertising jobs everywhere - so they are short staffed. Helps to treat employees well to get them to rehire each season.

Well, the web site snow report still shows only the lower 4 trials open.   Save me the enormous trouble of calling - anyone know any different ?

wvrocks
December 20, 2017
Member since 11/9/2004 🔗
262 posts

pagamony wrote:

Well, the web site snow report still shows only the lower 4 trials open.   Save me the enormous trouble of calling - anyone know any different ?

Snow report is from Sunday.  4 trails listed which is actually only one run from midstation and one from the bunny lift.  It appears they are closed again today by the looks of the webcam. 

snowsmith - DCSki Supporter 
December 20, 2017
Member since 03/15/2004 🔗
1,576 posts

msprings wrote:

With Laurel Mountain opening for it's second season this Thursday, there should be a resort profile for the ski area just like the others on here.

Yes, absolutely.

Scott - you need to update the Laurel Mountain resort profile and repost.

David
December 20, 2017
2,444 posts

wvrocks wrote:

pagamony wrote:

Snow report is from Sunday.  4 trails listed which is actually only one run from midstation and one from the bunny lift.  It appears they are closed again today by the looks of the webcam. 

Their website has officially not been updated now for 5 days...during the heart of ski season when there are literally thousands of people checking in to see what conditions are like and what trails are open. 

"Mid-Station will be open tomorrow, Sunday, December 17th with Timberline and Whiteout open. On or by Christmas Week we will have Upper and Lower Salamander, Upper White Lightning, Flag Spruce, The Ceiling, Bear Stroll, Timberline and Lower Heaven in addition to current trails that are open including Woods Hole and Cross Roads.
Join our team! We are hiring servers, line cooks, bartenders, ticket checkers, lift attendants, ski patrol, vacation planners, group sales and retail professionals. Special spots available for digital marketing and payroll. Fill out an applicatoin in our business office today or inquire at info@timberlineresort.com"

Oh yeah, and by the way, they mysteriously didn't open yesterday or today. Don't worry though. They made an obscure announcement in a comment to another comment on a post they made on November 1 about a job fair. You literally can NOT make this stuff up...

And meanwhile Canaan Valley has top to bottom skiing, people are skiing at Whitegrass today, and Snowshoe has 37 trails open.

AndyGene
December 20, 2017 (edited December 20, 2017)
Member since 09/9/2013 🔗
229 posts

This is from their Facebook page.  I am banned from it for asking why every other ski resort in the state had more vert open.

Check out our new "Timberline Groups" group, linked to this page. We are opening for Christmas Week this Thursday. We will be closed Christmas morning but reopening 12:30-4:30. Adding Lower #AlmostHeaven to the open trails along with Fire Road for Thursday. White Lightning and Salamander from the top by Monday. Stay tuned in for a BIG New Years Party announcement later today! Big thanks to #WBOY and Leah Knisely for stopping by yesterday!

bonefish
December 20, 2017
Member since 12/4/2017 🔗
17 posts

AndyGene wrote:

This is from their Facebook page............Big thanks to #WBOY and Leah Knisely for stopping by yesterday!

http://www.wboy.com/news/timberline-four-seasons-resort-makes-preparations-for-entire-ski-season_20171219225139/883821079

December 20, 2017
2,038 posts

snowsmith wrote:

msprings wrote:

Yes, absolutely.

Scott, drop me a PM when you come up for a review and I'll be glad to share a few runs and introduce you to a few regulars.

JohnL
December 20, 2017
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts

http://timberlineresort.com/hours.php

They had the M - W closing hidden. Home page still indicates they are open along with conditions page. SMH.

Scott - DCSki Editor
December 20, 2017
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts

snowsmith wrote:

msprings wrote:

Yes, absolutely.

Yup, working on it.

Scott - DCSki Editor
December 21, 2017
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts

Scott wrote:

snowsmith wrote:

msprings wrote:

Yes, absolutely.

Yup, working on it.

And it's back (and updated)!  You can now view DCSki's Resort Profile for Laurel Mountain.  My snow condition data provider is not yet providing snow condition reports for Laurel Mountain, but I reached out to them to see if that data is available.

December 21, 2017
2,038 posts

Nice write up Scott, I hope you can come visit this season. I particularly like the photo of the fine skier on Lower Wildcat. Man that dude can rip! haha That photo was taken right before it got steep. Laurel will be opening today Dec. 21 but I'll be in the hospital waiting room while my wife has the meniscus trimmed in her left knee, then another couple of weeks for the micro-fracture of the tibia plateau to heal before she is back on the snow. We had a lift unloading mishap at the Springs after only our second run back on the 3rd.  

snowsmith - DCSki Supporter 
December 21, 2017
Member since 03/15/2004 🔗
1,576 posts

JohnL wrote:

They had the M - W closing hidden. Home page still indicates they are open along with conditions page. SMH.

Kind of sad that they cannot post the hours for after Christmas? How can anyone plan a ski trip if they don't know when they'll be open!  It seems obvious that there is a serious problem. I am guessing lack of capital. Too bad that a family owned resort cannot make it in this day and age.

pagamony - DCSki Supporter 
December 22, 2017
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
925 posts

snowsmith wrote:

JohnL wrote:

Kind of sad that they cannot post the hours for after Christmas? How can anyone plan a ski trip if they don't know when they'll be open!  It seems obvious that there is a serious problem. I am guessing lack of capital. Too bad that a family owned resort cannot make it in this day and age.

At least they updated the snow report and now show upper salamander open.  progress ! !  

DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?