First Tracks
5 posts
4 users
2k+ views
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
November 6, 2017
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts
Skied yesterday at Mt. Hood.  The new snow depth was about 18”, snowing and dense fog.   On Saturday they were closed on storm hold, and I feared the same on Sunday but resolved to skin up to the tree line, about 500 vert above Timberline Lodge, if necessary, in order to get my season’s first tracks.  Didn’t have to.  The skiing was amazingly good and the next storm cycle is forecasted to begin on Wednesday.  I get a free season pass at hood thanks to my advanced age.

oldensign - DCSki Columnist
November 7, 2017
Member since 02/27/2007 🔗
499 posts

Skied Mt Hood 2x last year. It can be cold and windy but there will always be snow!!

The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
November 7, 2017
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts

Denis wrote:

Skied yesterday at Mt. Hood.  The new snow depth was about 18”, snowing and dense fog.   On Saturday they were closed on storm hold, and I feared the same on Sunday but resolved to skin up to the tree line, about 500 vert above Timberline Lodge, if necessary, in order to get my season’s first tracks.  Didn’t have to.  The skiing was amazingly good and the next storm cycle is forecasted to begin on Wednesday.  I get a free season pass at hood thanks to my advanced age.

Attaboy Denis!

chaga
November 13, 2017 (edited November 13, 2017)
Member since 11/24/2009 🔗
646 posts

Your free-heeling buddies over at White Grass in Canaan were blessed with 7" of fairly dense, heavy snow to get some nice first tracks two weeks ago on halloween also!! Even old rocker Gene Simmons showed up! 

Denis - DCSki Supporter 
November 13, 2017
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts

Great to see that Whitegrassers are out there making turns.  I thought of you when making turns at Hood.  Hello to all the gang!  Also noticed that you got yours a few days before I got mine.  There is no way to sneak snowflakes past a Whitegrasser. 

DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.