No post ski beers in Utah.....
6 posts
4 users
2k+ views
oldensign - DCSki Columnist
April 5, 2017
Member since 02/27/2007 🔗
499 posts
I would be careful with a post ski beers in Utah. Local Utah Lawmakers passed a new blood-alcohol content (BAC) for DUI conviction from 0.08 percent to 0.05 percent. The new law will make Utah's (BAC) levels the lowest in the country. Utah has always had tight "blue" laws. Probably lucky to have any beer in the state. So multiple wives yes...multiple beers no. Just kidding......!!!!
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
April 5, 2017
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts

One of the local breweries has a best seller named "Polygamy Porter" with the slogan, "bring some home for the wives".  The people who are offended don't drink beer.  

Crush
April 5, 2017 (edited April 5, 2017)
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts

meh - it will not matter to me soon as i am moving to Incline Village, NV - even the local grocery store Raley's has liquor. Let me tell you in UT the whole DUI/DWI business is a big money maker from the cops, courts down to MADD, and the alcohol ed. providers . Now they will be able tp profit more off of all of it at the expense of honest people that can't feel the difference between 0.050 and nothing (I sure could not). i was busted for 0.081 once in Cottonwood Heights, a very Mormon distrcit (yeah right outside your return trip from Little and Big Cottonwood right at Fort Union Blvd at the 7-11). Cost me $5000 easy. Grrrrr ....

Denis - DCSki Supporter 
April 5, 2017
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts

Yikes!  

A non Mormon (I.e. gentile) friend from SLC was stopped by a cop and the first thing he asked for was not her drivers license it was her 'temple recommend card'.  

Crush
April 5, 2017
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts

Denis wrote:

Yikes!  

A non Mormon (I.e. gentile) friend from SLC was stopped by a cop and the first thing he asked for was not her drivers license it was her 'temple recommend card'. 

... exactly.

The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
April 5, 2017
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts

Rush, did not realize you were moving to Incline.  Keep us at DCSki informed!  

MorganB

DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?