Resort Profile Updating
7 posts
3 users
1k+ views
ChmxJoe74 - DCSki Supporter 
February 9, 2017
Member since 11/28/2015 🔗
20 posts

Wanted to see if the admins would be willing to update the driving distances for CVR/Tline Resort Profiles. I'm assuming the driving distances haven't been updated since the opening of Corridor H, which is understandable since it just happend. I live in downtown Arlington, and it takes me an average of 2:45 to the base of Timberline. Google Maps puts it at 2:55 driving time. The resort profile has it listed at 3:50. That hour difference might have a large impact on people's decision making. I imagine the same goes for CVR, but I haven't looked at those driving times. 

Cheers,

Scott - DCSki Editor
February 9, 2017
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts

ChmxJoe74 wrote:

Wanted to see if the admins would be willing to update the driving distances for CVR/Tline Resort Profiles. I'm assuming the driving distances haven't been updated since the opening of Corridor H, which is understandable since it just happend. I live in downtown Arlington, and it takes me an average of 2:45 to the base of Timberline. Google Maps puts it at 2:55 driving time. The resort profile has it listed at 3:50. That hour difference might have a large impact on people's decision making. I imagine the same goes for CVR, but I haven't looked at those driving times. 

Cheers,

I'll try to get the times/distances updated in the next couple days to reflect the new, shorter route available.

Adamh21 - DCSki Supporter 
February 9, 2017
Member since 12/4/2008 🔗
26 posts

Scott - I have been meaning to ask this for awhile. Any chance with the new site one can see when new comments are posted in the Lost Ski Area section? Many Thanks

ChmxJoe74 - DCSki Supporter 
February 9, 2017
Member since 11/28/2015 🔗
20 posts

Scott wrote:

ChmxJoe74 wrote:

Cheers,

I'll try to get the times/distances updated in the next couple days to reflect the new, shorter route available.

Much appreciated, and thanks for everything else you do with this site! Such a great resource.

Scott - DCSki Editor
February 9, 2017
1,249 posts

I just updated the distance/time information for Canaan Valley Resort, Timberline Resort, and Snowshoe Mountain Resort.

Scott - DCSki Editor
February 10, 2017
1,249 posts

Adamh21 wrote:

Scott - I have been meaning to ask this for awhile. Any chance with the new site one can see when new comments are posted in the Lost Ski Area section? Many Thanks

I'll see what I can throw together.  If I made a page that showed a chronological list of recent Lost Ski Area comments, would that do the trick?  It wouldn't track which ones you've seen (that might take more work than I have time for right now), but you could glance at it to see recent comments.

Adamh21 - DCSki Supporter 
February 10, 2017
Member since 12/4/2008 🔗
26 posts

Scott wrote:

Adamh21 wrote:

I'll see what I can throw together.  If I made a page that showed a chronological list of recent Lost Ski Area comments, would that do the trick?  It wouldn't track which ones you've seen (that might take more work than I have time for right now), but you could glance at it to see recent comments.

Scott - that would do the trick, if it is too much of a hassle no worries. I just really enjoy that section of the stie. Thank you for all you do on this site. Best - Adam

DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?