Conditions Awesome At Snowshoe & Canaan
2 posts
2 users
2k+ views
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
February 3, 2017 (edited February 3, 2017)
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts

I skied at Canaan Valley early week and Snowshoe on Thursday and Friday (NOT)!  CV chose to build up the base on Gravity, and replace the lost base on long beginner trail Timber!  Great conditions, and awesome for the weekend!!!

Snowshoe was bluebird perfect on Thursday, minamal crowds and many trails had a loose powder surface.  Unfortunate did not get to experience today as I was in a lot of back pain. Late Thursday a snowboarder, traveling fast to carry speed at the bottom of Cupp crashed into me causing multiple bruising and muscle spasms.  So instead of skiing this morning I spent a very painful three hours packing my clothes and gear before departing Senaca for a stiff drive to home.  Hopefully I can heal enough to maybe join JimK and Crazy at Laurel on the 10th.  Right now this looks doubtful.  Fellow DCSkiers should find awesome conditions at Snowshoe and Canaan this weekend!  ENJOY!!!!

bousquet19 - DCSki Supporter 
February 3, 2017
Member since 02/23/2006 🔗
778 posts

The Colonel wrote:

I skied at Canaan Valley early week and Snowshoe on Thursday and Friday (NOT)!  CV chose to build up the base on Gravity, and replace the lost base on long beginner trail Timber!  Great conditions, and awesome for the weekend!!!

Snowshoe was bluebird perfect on Thursday, minamal crowds and many trails had a loose powder surface.  Unfortunate did not get to experience today as I was in a lot of back pain. Late Thursday a snowboarder, traveling fast to carry speed at the bottom of Cupp crashed into me causing multiple bruising and muscle spasms.  So instead of skiing this morning I spent a very painful three hours packing my clothes and gear before departing Senaca for a stiff drive to home.  Hopefully I can heal enough to maybe join JimK and Crazy at Laurel on the 10th.  Right now this looks doubtful.  Fellow DCSkiers should find awesome conditions at Snowshoe and Canaan this weekend!  ENJOY!!!!

Colonel,

Thanks for the report, but I'm so sorry to hear about your crash at the bottom of Cupp Run.  That's exactly where my friend was sliced up by an errant snowboarder two years ago.  

Friend was actually standing in line to get onto the chairlift.  The boarder hit him.  We didn't realize how bad things were until we were riding the lift and my friend rolled up his ski pants leg.  Bad slice across his shin, and chunks of hanging ... well, I'll spare everyone the gory (literally) details.  That sent us to the hospital at Marlinton.  Care at SS and at Marlinton was very good.

Rest and heal.  Remember it takes us geezers longer.

Woody

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.