Where skiers type.
Home
Snowshoe Tested Snowguns on Monday.
18 posts from 6 users
Updated 6 months ago
Jump to Newest Post
6 months ago

Looks like they did a more extended test in the basin last night. 

6 months ago

rbrtlav wrote:

Looks like they did a more extended test in the basin last night. 

I saw that this morning on my cam.  We’re getting close.

6 months ago

Forecast looks good for snowmaking starting around midweek, next few nights look on the warm side of marginal

6 months ago

I walked around the village (empty) and top of Ballhooter.  One of the guns they had parked there looked brand new.  I didn’t have my phone with me but was a fan type on wheels.

6 months ago

Bonzski wrote:

I walked around the village (empty) and top of Ballhooter.  One of the guns they had parked there looked brand new.  I didn’t have my phone with me but was a fan type on wheels.

They must have added a drone to their marketing efforts.  (Which I think is a great idea) 

They posted this pic over the weekend.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMbp1QAjK3f/?taken-by=snowshoemtn

6 months ago

I noticed a new (I think) yellow fan gun with red lettering earlier.  I think it was at the bottom of Ballhooter lift.

MorganB

6 months ago

The Colonel wrote:

I noticed a new (I think) yellow fan gun with red lettering earlier.  I think it was at the bottom of Ballhooter lift.

MorganB

Yes, had a name I didn’t recognized.  Will try a pic this weekend unless BD82 can spot it on his cam.  It’s sitting over by the large trail map sign left of Ballhooter lift.

6 months ago

Bonzski wrote:

unless BD82 can spot it on his cam. 

I tried to zoom in but it’s too fuzzy.  Maybe we’ll see it in action this weekend with lows in the 20s

6 months ago

Blue Don 1982 wrote:

Bonzski wrote:

unless BD82 can spot it on his cam. 

I tried to zoom in but it’s too fuzzy.  Maybe we’ll see it in action this weekend with lows in the 20s

I hope so, I’d love to see them get  a few trails open for Thanksgiving 

6 months ago

A bunch of the fan guns on skidder were on this morning. They appeared to be at a pretty high angle though so I’m guessing temps are not optimal. I don’t see anything down at the boathouse on. I suspect by Sunday we will have a decent idea if thanksgiving skiing is an option 

6 months ago

A resident there told me it snowed quit a bit yesterday but ground was too warm for accumalation.

6 months ago
It got down to 22 degrees tonight and they are currently making snow. Tonight should be cold too so they are definitely getting some snowmaking temps.
6 months ago

My balcony this morning - notice the rainbow over ballhooter.

6 months ago

These appear to be brand new.

6 months ago

Wind does not appear to be helping them, hopefully they can continue a decent amount into the day and run again tonight. Noticed that they have removed most of the 11/23 opening day references though

6 months ago

Blue Don 1982 wrote:

These appear to be brand new.

Yes that’s them. Were you at condo this weekend?
6 months ago

Negative.  Chris was at his place and stopped in mine.  I’m on drywall patrol in the basement LOL.

Ad: Seven Springs Mountain Resort

Shout it from a mountaintop.
If you'd like to share your own comments, please log in to DCSki.
Don't have a profile? Create one here.
Page load time: 0.19 seconds