Who is going to the Timberline vs Utility Co hearings tomorrow?
11 posts
7 users
4k+ views
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
September 7, 2016
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts

Not trying to ignore current Timberline thread, but it is caught up in an emotional discussion about opening-closing ski area dates at this moment.  If you go to the hearing please report back on the factual discussion which could have an impact on TL operating season.  I suspect that the hearing will turn into a lot of legal mumbo-jumbo with results, if any, only understood by the lawyers present.  Or it might be reported that all parties have an agreement that cannot be made public!

Just curious,

MorganB

aka The Colonel

Bonzski
September 8, 2016
Member since 10/21/2015 🔗
652 posts

With public utilities involved I doubt they can keep any agreements private....but the legal mumbo-jumbo will make it difficult to understand.

JohnL
September 8, 2016
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts

The Colonel wrote:

Not trying to ignore current Timberline thread, but it is caught up in an emotional discussion about opening-closing ski area dates at this moment.  If you go to the hearing please report back on the factual discussion which could have an impact on TL operating season.  I suspect that the hearing will turn into a lot of legal mumbo-jumbo with results, if any, only understood by the lawyers present.  Or it might be reported that all parties have an agreement that cannot be made public!

Just curious,

MorganB

aka The Colonel

Hey Morgan, I can't report any facts, only heresay.

Proceedings going on until the night. Lots of "I don't knows", likely due to advice of counsel.

This is a public utility case, so I doubt findings will be sealed. Patience grasshopper.

crgildart
September 9, 2016
Member since 07/13/2014 🔗
767 posts

Well??

ubu
September 10, 2016
Member since 05/11/2005 🔗
40 posts

No news is good news?

JohnL
September 10, 2016
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts

ubu wrote:

No news is good news?

I didn't go, but heard lots of reports. There are actions and follow up proceedings; wait until this shows up on official WV court web sites.

ubu
September 10, 2016
40 posts

Thanks John, waiting to see the official actions resulting from the hearing is wise.  Regardless, it would be nice to get some sense about whether Timberline Utilities is heading to receivership.  Is there any word about which direction the court is leaning at this point?

kwillg6
September 15, 2016
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts

The mrs and I were there till the end.  Botom line is there will be an initial brief by October 20 and the final on November 2nd.  The state is leaning toward receivership of t-line utilities but rule otherwise. It was an eye opening experience to hear of the shell game that has been played with the utility money and how management knew nothing of the shell game although they were responsible. I think that Fred will need a lot of help financially because the ruling may require repayment of all the money transfered from t-line utilities and that adds up to a significant six figure amount. All this is factual.  Anything else is hearsay.  Lets wait to see where the briefs take it.     

ubu
September 15, 2016
40 posts

Crud.  This is not what I was hoping to hear.  I'll avoid speculation on where this will all go, but it's bad news for Timberline, and probably also bad new for Timberline Util customers...hard to see how Fred et al. can dig out of this hole without a major change to the way the game at Timberline is played going forward.

snow.buck
September 15, 2016
Member since 12/12/2009 🔗
202 posts

Doesn't Fred have a lot of experience bussing tables???

ubu
September 15, 2016
40 posts

Good point.  On reflection, this whole thing might be my fault...I left some crappy tips on my few outings to Timbers Grill.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.