CV Ski Season Dates
7 posts
6 users
3k+ views
TomH
August 29, 2016
Member since 07/6/2005 🔗
375 posts

Anyone know the CV ski season proposed opening and closing dates?

Canaan Valley Resort
September 1, 2016
Member since 11/21/2015 🔗
57 posts

All of us at Canaan Valley Resort Ski Area are super excited about the upcoming ski season. With the ability to double our snowmaking this year, we plan to open the ski area on December 10 and remain open until March 19, 2017. We will start the season with good mix of trails and slopes, and open the remaining ski area’s runs as quickly as we can.

If you like great deals, now is the time to buy your ski season passes. The base rate for adults ages 18-59 is $390 if you purchase before Sept. 30, and $445 between Oct. 1 and Nov. 30. For college students and kids, passes are as low as $225 if you purchase before Sept. 30 and $255 if you purchase by Nov. 30. We also have special deals for families, seniors over 60, West Virginia residents and for adults purchasing a second adult pass. You can see the entire pricing schedule here - http://canaanresort.com/winter/ski-resort/ski-season-pass/.

As excited as we are about the fast-approaching season, we wouldn’t want to fast-forward through the fall, when the color in the valley is spectacular (peak color is in late September, earlier than most other mid-Atlantic regions), and you can still play outside with just light layers of clothing. Our chairlift in the fall is almost as busy as the winter, with as many as 700 fall foliage enthusiasts a day riding the chairlift up the mountain and hiking, taking pictures and just enjoying the valley views.

JohnL
September 3, 2016
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts

TomH wrote:

Who thinks this would be a good time for CV to think out of the box and come out with some innovative pricing for Timberline Passholders that are deciding if they should bail on the valley this year if Timberline doesn't open and they have to pay full price for a season pass at CV?  Lots of people are doing the calculus right now weighing a few trips to valley and maybe an added trip out west instead of spending all their money in the valley like they normally do.  Am I the only one thinking this way??

I am in the same boat as TomH. But I do have Jimmy's mortgage to support...

May even look at Blue Knob.

JohnL
September 3, 2016
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts

Lots and lots and lots of miles in the Valley and at T-Line between JohnL and TomH....

Denis - DCSki Supporter 
September 3, 2016
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts

I like Blue Knob's terrain better than TL or CV.  The thing that kept bringing me back to the valley was Whitegrass.

David
September 3, 2016
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts

In other news it was 51 degrees yesterday morning in Canaan Heights. 

rbrtlav
September 3, 2016
Member since 12/2/2008 🔗
578 posts

David wrote:

In other news it was 51 degrees yesterday morning in Canaan Heights. 

Snowshoe I think hit 47 with a nice breeze last night... sent people running for more clothes during the concerts they've had this weekend.

Just a little bit longer

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.