In case you're coming to New England....
5 posts
4 users
4k+ views
lbotta - DCSki Supporter 
March 4, 2016
Member since 10/18/1999 🔗
1,535 posts

http://blog.liftopia.com/blog/new-hampshire-6-best-ski-runs-for-showing-off/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=20160222_blog

Some of the best mountains up here are not the mega resorts of Killington, Mt Snow or Bretton Woods.  

rbrtlav
March 4, 2016
Member since 12/2/2008 🔗
578 posts

Ragged Mountain seems like a gem. They have a high speed quad and a high speed six to the top. No lines this presidents day at all. Despite the trail mentioned in this article and most of the glades being closed because of the lack of snow we had a blast. This is a place I would like to return when they are fully open. Lift tickets were also reasonably priced

Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
March 4, 2016 (edited March 4, 2016)
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts

Just finished up a day at Cannon.  We'll be hitting Loon tomorrow morning.  I hope to do a quick trip report for both on Sun / Mon.

Plenty of trails open and we skied right up to EVERY lift all day long.  Road the tram with a total of 4 people and one was the operator.  Great time so far.

wgo
March 7, 2016
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts

Ragged Mountain does look cool. It's also part of the reciprocal pass agreement with Wintergreen, so I was hoping to take the family up there during the first week of April when the kids are on spring break. However,doesn't look like that will be happening, given the weather.

lbotta - DCSki Supporter 
March 17, 2016
Member since 10/18/1999 🔗
1,535 posts

End of year bash, pond skimming etc. at Ragged Mountain is this weekend the 19th.  Looks like the mountain may have new trails come next Winter season as their expansion continues.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.