DN may work -Tired of Leg or Glute Tightness , muscle spasms, trigger Points
2 posts
1 user
2k+ views
skiracerx
February 4, 2016
Member since 11/24/2008 🔗
226 posts

(disclaimer I am not a Doc) but this is really working for me.

My left leg and glute have been messed up for 4 years, finally on the way to fixing. why do we suffer when we don't have to? 

My sciatica and Tpoints would be screaming 1 hour into racing. left leg could just go numb right when in the start house. Can see it on my vids. Fast forward.  Why - I sit Computer bad posture, Rear end collisions auto, and some good wrecks skiing.

“Once that trigger point has been eradicated, one of the things we usually see right away is an increased range in motion, and an increase in muscle production. The effectiveness is immediate, and there’s no doubt that these guys like them.” Redskins NFL

I use a team of docs, Pro sports players do. This summer x-rays and the only thing found was tight spaces in the spine at L5 and S1 which ties to the maps of the nerves and what it effects in the legs. called a grade 1 slip. numbness weakness pain.

My Chiropractor  Dr Lance Loomis tackled this area and in 12 visits / 1 month had 95% of the nerve issues addressed. My Primary care Doc gave me Medrol pack oral steroids over 2 weeks but at half / low dose. (OFF LABEL USE HAVE TO ASK DOC) The steroid helps the nerve root become less inflamed while manipulation, stim, stretching helps to restore the spaces in the spine spaces. natural healing occurs.  Next.

The spine has the Motor Neurons ie they control the fast movements we need to ski. Without thinking they do their job. When hurt, lots of interference.

Copyrighted - Fair use with annotated reference.

Your body stays in a constate of balance - Biological, muscles, other systems,  when hurt try to compensate. Muscles neurons learn  that state (muscle memory)  4 years my muscles learned wrong. THE FIX. Reboot the Neuron, the muscle fiber.

DRY NEEDLING is the fix. Not acupuncture. But using a thin filament that is inserted into the Trigger point to produce a twitch.That is the reset. It will create biological changes in chemicals, it will make you sore for 2 days. The effect has been very good for me. This is not the only part. Deep massage on top of needling, specific exercises to retrain the small muscles similar to ski drills.3 DN and 4 treatments what a difference. The PT is a skier and is trained on soccer players with DN. Just so happened he was in SKIDOME club 10 years ago. Yesterday I had to train in a pool and a big plus that was. Metric last .weekend had to stand 30 min then race and no numbness or left leg dead weight. 

This technique may work for you.  Cost - No Insurance self-pay Initial exam $150 then $70 per visit thereafter.

I find the relief from the pain in the butt - priceless 

Sources:

A science case: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4387732/pdf/ijspt-04-246.pdf   

White Paper www.aaompt.org/documents/dryneedlinginptclinicalpracticeeducationalresourcepaper.pdf

NFL player - www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Redskins%E2%80%99-Dry-Needles-Speed-Recovery-Time/744d3f1e-b8c2-4f5d-8735-c4f8c8a2c468

Ask for Maksim (Max) Birikov, DPT  Skidome sent ya. 

Elite PT LLC - Harbor East  http://www.elitept.com/     655 President Street Baltimore, MD 21202

Phone: (410) 528-9127  

skiracerx
February 18, 2016
Member since 11/24/2008 🔗
226 posts

Update Sweet - Now DN one day 1 day in POOL for PT. range of motion 100%

Pain, numbness left leg dead weight while racing pretty much fixed.

I get in 2 days a week skiing and racing. my performance in course has been better than a few years ago. 

total cost out of pocket about 1200$ but worth every penny. 

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?