7S Quick Trip Report
4 posts
4 users
1k+ views
hockeydave
January 26, 2016
Member since 06/30/2004 🔗
780 posts

Wife and I arrived at 7S Monday afternoon around 5:00.

The only negative aspect of the afternoon / evening trip and is a just a continuance of the past. Some patrons treat the upper lot and underneath the North Face lift as a recycle bin... absolutely ridiculous the amount of garbage left behind by these reprobates.

Now for the positives:

1) As expected, conditions were outstanding. Snow was great, similar to Colorado snow. Groomed areas were great and no-ice bumps were to be had everywhere.

2) The sunset was spectacular. The red / orange hue that lit up the sky was the most beautiful sunset that I've seen in years. Of course, I had to forget my cell phone, so no pics. I never realized that this was even possible, but we were able to view the Pittsburgh skyline from the top of the North face lift. Beautiful view set against the amazing sunset !!!

3) Visited Foggy Brews for the first time and was impressed with the beer selection and the outstanding / unique menu. Only had the Poutine... very, very good (comparable to the original recipes found in Quebec).

All in all, a very enjoyable afternoon and evening.

Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
January 26, 2016
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts

hockeydave wrote:

2) The sunset was spectacular. The red / orange hue that lit up the sky was the most beautiful sunset that I've seen in years.

My neighbor posts sunset pics on Facebook from her deck on a regular basis.  Yours was most likely better but here's her Beaver County version from last night.  I'd rate this an 8 / 10 based on some others she's posted.

Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
January 26, 2016
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts

Beautiful day yesterday. My daughter and I were there late yesterday morning. We were pullng out of the parking lot for return home at 4:10 after killing it on the backside. Nice soft bumps everywhere. I had so much fun on the open trails and slopes that we hardly hit the trees which were also all bumped up. Beautiful sunset on the ride home. Great day for skiing.

JimK - DCSki Columnist
January 26, 2016
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts

These are the best of times for snow people.  Interstates and main roads in pretty good shape.  Govt and schools closed.  Go to the slopes!

DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.