Snowshoe & Jonas
1 post
1 user
1k+ views
Bonzski
January 25, 2016 (edited January 25, 2016)
Member since 10/21/2015 🔗
652 posts

The snow was beautiful light blower...I've never experienced in the east.  Top it off with perfect weather, it was EPIC!

Saturday (sorry no pics...too cold and snow)
Woke up to 28", cold and snow continuing to fall.  We went to the basin side first and enjoyed deep pow everywhere.  Met up with BlueDon at 11am, waited for others then did a couple laps off Ballhooter.  Lift lines were +15min so we headed to Silvercreek for afternoon session till 4pm.  Ski to chair there and tons of pow for slaying with snowfall the heaviest from 2-4pm.  Ended up with a 10" refill

Sunday
Hit WT at 915.  Bluebird day with perfect temps..Ski mag cover stuff.  Was looking for meetup with BlueDon crew again, but we missed each other...well he did give me shout from the lift (I was skiing lift line).  Upper Shay's was open, as were Sunset Glades and the line under the lift.  Lower Shay's wasn't open but not roped off so I forgot to turn right a few times. I was surprised by how much pow was remained from Sat

Sunrise view from the deck.  The white area in the center left is the top of Lower Shays

Lower Cupp

Sunrise from chair

Sunrise over Sunset Glades

Some of my tracks in Lift Line pow

Lower Shays (notice all my friends...once in lifetime baby)

Met wife for lunch then checked out what remained on basin side.  Surprised again.

Knotbumper Glades

Ballhooter liftline was fun also.  Was tempted for Grabhammer line, especially after they stop running the lift, but decided to leave it for next storm.

DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.