Peak n Peak vs Holiday Valley/Holimont
3 posts
3 users
6k+ views
msprings
November 12, 2015
Member since 07/4/2014 🔗
153 posts

I currently go to school in Cleveland. I'll have some free weekdays coming up in early December. I'm wondering if anyone has been to Peak n Peak or Holiday Valley / Holimont, and would give a recommendation as to which area is better to ski at. Also, not sure whether it's possible to ski Holimont since my understanding is that it is private.

Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
November 12, 2015 (edited November 12, 2015)
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts

We ski the Peak at least once a year because my wife is from that area and we get together with her cousins.  It does not have much vertical (400 - 500?).  If you are looking for advanced trails and long trails you'll be disappointed at the Peak.  

If you are into parks and features they do a great job of that.  They had some monster jumps last year.  They also set up a BMX style course / slope that was pretty cool.  Check out the last video here.  I thought that fun and unique.  They also had a jump that landed you in a big airbag.

We have fun getting together with the family for a day of skiing and goofing around on that course / bag jump.  Tickets are reasonable and crowds are very small.  Last year we went over NYE and skied right up to several lifts.

They have a couple bars / dining options on each end that are OK.  

snowsmith - DCSki Supporter 
November 12, 2015
Member since 03/15/2004 🔗
1,576 posts

Note that Holimont is closed to the public on weekends when it is members only. During the week it is open to the public. I have not skied Holiday Valley or Holimont, but I am told that they have terrrain similar to Seven Springs. The nearby town of Ellicotville is supposed to be a pretty cool ski town.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?