And We're Home
5 posts
5 users
1k+ views
Crush
October 25, 2015
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts

Gee guess what. After living for +4 years on our 1961 Chris Craft Constellation in Gangaplank Marina in DC we moved back to out Park City place - and I am reminded about what things are good in life. As Robin Hand said in Aspen Extreme " ... I kind of like the off season ..." and indeed fall is wonderful here.

We drove from DC to PC doing about 500 miles a day. I hate Nebraska. I love Colorado and picked up more than a few goodies from dispensaries along the way. Now in our condo in Vail/Canyons Village I feel excited again after 8 years in DC. I've been dead all that time . We passed though Wyoming and Medicine Bow State Park where it was snowing at 8600 feet. We saw huge wind farms and cattle and trains moving across the hoirzon. We rolled into our condo and our  big-ass Chevy Suburban was right there in the parking lot waiting for us. It started up with one key-turn.

I took out our skis and checked them out - all in order. We ate lunch at the village base and saw herds of sheep moving across the mountain. I miss being the captain of a lovely, very large classic boat but "this is the place".

See you all this season.

E-

JimK - DCSki Columnist
October 25, 2015
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts

Sounds good.  NE and I-80 has slightly more undulation than super flat I-70 in KS and Eastern CO.  I thought parts of Iowa are rather pretty in a PA Dutch sort of way. Good Suburban.  Expect bi-monthly weather reports from here on out.  I'll stay in touch about western travel plans, hopefully including some Park City days.

JohnL
October 25, 2015
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts

Wishing you and M. the best, El Crush.

Catch you two in Utah this winter. Maybe early March.

You two had a nice nitch in DC. Can't argue with Utah, though.

The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
October 25, 2015
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts

Glad the trip back was relatively uneventful!  Sorry I missed your nautical get together this summer.  Hope to catch up with you this winter.

The Colonel

Denis - DCSki Supporter 
October 25, 2015
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts

Congratulations and enjoy.  

Denis

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.