Rockered Trail Running Shoe
5 posts
3 users
2k+ views
David
July 13, 2015 (edited July 13, 2015)
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts

I've been doing more trail running this summer and saw this article today. 

http://www.outsideonline.com/1971346/salewa-speed-ascent?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=facebookpost

Looks like running shoe companies may be taking a thing from the ski industry. They've created a rockered trail running shoe that helps you 'maintain a faster pace for longer' when running uphill. Supposedly helps with running downhill as well.  

Either way, I suggest any pair of trail running shoes and getting out there to enjoy the trails. It makes you forget you're even running!  

Antoine
July 14, 2015
Member since 10/20/2014 🔗
275 posts

Is it posible to trail run in the snow. Concerned with destroying my toes with those guan rocks in pa

crgildart
July 14, 2015
Member since 07/13/2014 🔗
767 posts

I'm quite surprised they are making another run at rockered bottom athletic shoes.  Sketcher had to pay out 40 million dollars in damages and refunds after injuries were tied to their rockers..

Buyer Beware ”“ Rocker bottom shoes may do more harm than good

Skechers lawsuit: How to get your piece of the $40-million payout

David
July 14, 2015
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts

Either way, just get out there! 

I just turned these women's shoes over 250 miles and they're still kicking! 

crgildart
July 15, 2015
Member since 07/13/2014 🔗
767 posts

David wrote:

Either way, just get out there! 

I just turned these women's shoes over 250 miles and they're still kicking! 

Haha nice.  My daughter and I hiked to the top of Hanging Rock mountain at the end of last month then climbed a couple other falls and some cave spelunking all weekend long.  It was pretty exhausting but equally satisfying.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?