Blue Knob Sold??
5 posts
4 users
4k+ views
imp - DCSki Supporter 
May 4, 2015
Member since 01/11/2007 🔗
299 posts

I was told that Blue Knob will have a new management for next season.

Led by the former gm of 7 springs then Hidden Valley.

anyone else have any input??

imp

Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
May 5, 2015
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts

I heard rumors that local parties were interested in buying but no details or definite names were mentioned.

Antoine
May 7, 2015
Member since 10/20/2014 🔗
275 posts

1 major improvement the knob needs Lifts! I'm not talking about fancy high speed sixs just more reliable ones. Other then that making the ticket windows outside and using that space for lodge. The old snow guns could use some work. But the old charm is what makes me love BK! But it needs some overcrowding measures... We dont want it to turn into whitetail!

bousquet19 - DCSki Supporter 
May 8, 2015
Member since 02/23/2006 🔗
778 posts

Antoine wrote:

1 major improvement the knob needs Lifts! I'm not talking about fancy high speed sixs just more reliable ones. Other then that making the ticket windows outside and using that space for lodge. The old snow guns could use some work. But the old charm is what makes me love BK! But it needs some overcrowding measures... We dont want it to turn into whitetail!

I definitely agree with Antoine that the BK lifts could use a (slight) upgrade. But an outside ticket window?  Shudder.  I think of the miserable experiences I've had at Timberline shivering in the outdoor ticket line.  'Would hate to do that at Blue Knob at an even higher elevation on top of the mountain.  Indoors, please.  :)

Woody

Antoine
May 8, 2015 (edited May 8, 2015)
Member since 10/20/2014 🔗
275 posts

bousquet19 wrote:

Antoine wrote:

1 major improvement the knob needs Lifts! I'm not talking about fancy high speed sixs just more reliable ones. Other then that making the ticket windows outside and using that space for lodge. The old snow guns could use some work. But the old charm is what makes me love BK! But it needs some overcrowding measures... We dont want it to turn into  whitetail!

I definitely agree with Antoine that the BK lifts could use a (slight) upgrade. But an outside ticket window?  Shudder.  I think of the miserable experiences I've had at Timberline shivering in the outdoor ticket line.  'Would hate to do that at Blue Knob at an even higher elevation on top of the mountain.  Indoors, please.  :)

Woody

thats true woody, I would not want to shiver outside either. But it would be easier to do that then to build an addition  for the eatery. I would love to see a porch built at the top near lift 3 for spring après, also those rikity wooden stairs could use some work!

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?