Home!
7 posts
4 users
1k+ views
JimK - DCSki Columnist
April 4, 2015
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,963 posts

I got home to Northern VA last night.  Got delayed almost an hour by big wreck on I70 near Frederick, MD.  It was annoying, but sobering because somebody didn't make it home last night at all.  Great nine week ski trip.  Sometime, perhaps next fall I'll do a recap of the highlights/lowlights and lessons learned.  But basically, what can I say except - it was the trip of a lifetime.  Will I do it again?  Nine weeks is a long time to be away from home.  Maybe I'll do it in two shorter chunks next time?  I didn't catch as much powder as I would have liked.  It was a subpar snow year throughout the entire US West.  New England took all the big storms:-)  But I spent the bulk of my time in Colorado where the snow was pretty darn good, and I enjoyed the transition from winter to spring skiing.  Big bump runs that were formidable when frozen became very friendly when soft and sunny.  Hope everyone has a Happy Easter and a fun summer.

JohnL
April 4, 2015
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts

Glad you are enjoying "retirement" Jim. Now back to work. ;)

We definitely need to have a DCSki HH sometime this spring. Or maybe a Nat's outing? I vote for the later. I think we could easily convince Crush and Mary on that.

wgo
April 4, 2015
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts
I was thinking of trying to catch a cubs game at nats park (assuming Bryant is called up at some point)
JohnL
April 4, 2015
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Thu, 6/4 Cubs 7:05p MLB.TV     BuyBuy Tickets
Fri, 6/5 Cubs 7:05p MLB.TV     BuyBuy Tickets
Sat, 6/6 Cubs 12:05p MLB.TV     BuyBuy Tickets
Sun, 6/7 Cubs 4:05p MLB.TV    
JohnL
April 4, 2015 (edited April 4, 2015)
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts

Only trip Cubbies take to DC. (They are team #2 for me.)

Bryant will be up in 12 days. Edit: from start of season.

JimK - DCSki Columnist
April 5, 2015
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,963 posts

JohnL wrote:

Glad you are enjoying "retirement" Jim. Now back to work. ;)

We definitely need to have a DCSki HH sometime this spring. Or maybe a Nat's outing? I vote for the later. I think we could easily convince Crush and Mary on that.

Crush and Mary talked about doing a summer boat party.  BTW, I put 8454 miles on my Outback doing the big western ski trip.

Crush
April 5, 2015
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts

Hi Jim - we'll be back too mid-week ... boo-hoo! Glad to hear your Colorado time was excellent. We had a nice end-of-season here as well. Sadly we put our skis in our storage attic today and are cleaning up our place to leave it untill next season.

Yeah let's definitly get together in the Spring ... Mary sez she likes JohnL's idea of a Nat's game - mee too! So many places to get a drink lol.

And/Or we could meet on our boat too if we have the shrink wrap off and take it for a spin.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?