Denis B. at Kirkwood 2/24/15
3 posts
3 users
1k+ views
JimK - DCSki Columnist
February 24, 2015 (edited February 24, 2015)
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts

I skied with Denis today at Kirkwood.  It was a beautiful day and the snow finally softened a bit.  We've had mid-Atlantic style frozen granular out here for a few days.

Here are some pics:

Denis skiing near Solitude chair with his AT set-up.

Near chair 3, Iron Horse access to backside

View of the Cirque on a pretty day, but enough pretty days, they need snow!

Thimble Peak and The Wall (very firm these days)

Close up of Thimble Peak

Dropping in.

Better skiing was a few hundred yards over.  This is Wagon Wheel bowl below the Wall.

Can't post pictures of Denis without showing him on his telemark gear, this from a couple days ago.

Crush
February 24, 2015 (edited February 24, 2015)
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts

nice! We have been following you on epicski.com. You wrote this :

http://www.epicski.com/t/129164/2014-15-tahoe-weather-discussion-stoke/1500#post_1841688

"... An important thing I'm finding about my trip:  it's not all about the snow, it's about the people too.  Had a wonderful home cooked meal after skiing with friends in UT and doing a lot of reminiscing skiing here at Kirkwood with an old friend from VA ..."

We so appreciate you spending time with us - and by the way that  Ullr bottle looks hardly touched after you left us :

http://www.epicski.com/t/129164/2014-15-tahoe-weather-discussion-stoke/1470#post_1840942

Come snow! Come snow! Fall fast, fall slow Be it powder or crud, let the inches be shown Come snow! Come snow! Blessed Ullr bestow Make white our peaks; Make full our bowls Come snow! Come snow! From here to fro Let Ullr be praised! Let his gifts be shown.

Bumps
February 24, 2015
Member since 12/29/2004 🔗
538 posts

Sigh, Just makes the thought of  work tomorrow that much harder....

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.