Updated 2 years ago
Our third year supporting Jeff “BIFF” Beinhuer, Cynthia and others battle against cancer. Jeff was diagnosed 3 years ago with pancreatic cancer. Jeff 3 years latter is kicking cancer day by day. It takes funds, friends and volunteers. This year the race expands to a run off and team events.
If you race come on out. If not think about a donation to the cause.
Hello Ski Racers!
Come Saturday, February 28th, to support and participate in the 3rd Annual Biffvitational. The Biffvivational benefit ski race is a casual, yet highly competitive Dual GS at Ski Roundtop. This event is hosted by the Connection Mission which supports several persons who have strong ties to the Central PA racing community and others who are facing challenges.
To get involved, register to race, donate, become a sponsor, volunteer or learn more about Connection Mission, please go to www.connectionmission.org and click on the event banner at the top of the homepage. All of the information you need to know is located on the event website.
New This Year – Prostyle racing at it’s best and a great crowd pleaser!
Team Event – Teams of four plus a rabbit!
Teams, (young, old, male, female, family, friends, boarders or skiers, any mix is ok) will attend the Live Rabbit Auction and Reception on Friday night, February 27th to bid on their team “rabbit” who will become the 5th member of the team. Rabbits will be fast skiers made up of NASTAR pacesetters, SRRC race coaches, and SRRC alumni collegiate racers. Team race awards will be given to the top 3 teams based on the cumulative time of the best of two qualifying runs for each racer on each team, including the rabbit.
Dual Elimination Finals
After each racer has taken two qualifying runs we will hold a dual elimination finals in which the top 32 Men, top 16 Women, top 8 Boys Under 16 and top 8 Girls Under 16 will be bracketed and run off head to head until an overall champion is crowned in each category.
Live Rabbit Auction and Reception
All participants, sponsors, supporters and volunteers are welcome to attend this event at Liberty Forge, 7 – 10pm, the night before the event.
We will be holding an After Party, 4 to 8pm, at Liberty Forge as well at the completion of the event. Awards, raffles, and silent auction distribution will be conducted.
How You Can Help - Everyone can get involved, skiers and non-skiers can contribute in some way.
1) Participate - Register to race and compete on event day.
2) Volunteer - We need a number of volunteers. Please go to our Time To Sign Up site and volunteer - sign up here, its easy!
3) Purchase Commemorative Pint Glasses - Each registered participant will receive a 3rd Annual Biffvitational pint glass and additional pint glasses are for sale on the event website and will also be available for purchase on event day for $10. All pint glass purchases are also tax deductible.
4) Contribute A Silent Auction Prize – Contribute a product, service, travel, lodging, tickets, memberships, gift certificates, golf rounds, anything! for the silent auction with a value of $50 or more. The value of the prize is also tax deductible. More information on silent auction prizes is on the Sponsorship Opportunities page of the event website.
5) Donate - You can make donations on the event website and the Connection Mission website’s donation page. Connection Mission is a registered 501(c)3 and all donations are tax deductible as allowed by law.
6) Become A Sponsor - Check out the Sponsorship Opportunities on the event website. All sponsorships are also tax deductible.
We look forward to racing with you on February 28th!
Apparently this event will be held at Roundtop.
NEW LAST minute update: No pre party friday, All events at ROUNDTOP, Including food and beverage.
here is the most current info: WEATHER SAT SWEET SUNNY low of 7 high of 26 wind under 7.
In the past 24 hours things have changed for the Biffvitational. Everything is now taking place at Roundtop. things have changed for the Biffvitational. Everything is now taking place at Roundtop. No more going to Liberty Forge for an after party. It is now taking place at the race building at the bottom of the NASTAR course. There is no longer a preparty Friday night at Liberty Forge where teams can bid on a rabbit to race with their team.
There will not be a rabbit or 5th racer for teams, they will now just be the 4 person team that are entered. They are looking for more team, They are looking for more team, since there are prizes for team as well as individuals. People can sign up as individuals and also be on a team. A team can be formed the morning of the race when individuals sign up.
Food and beverages at the race building the day of the race.
Get the word out!
Above is the best link for the Biffvitational.
Thanks ALL -
On the news. Biff aka Jeff