Conditions in Canaan Valley
8 posts
4 users
1k+ views
mook21
February 21, 2015
Member since 12/30/2013 🔗
50 posts

Checking in with anyone up that way to see how mych snow you received from the is storm and to also check and see if it is raining / sleeting tonight. Any road reports on corridor H or Mount Storm??

JohnL
February 21, 2015
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts

Roads sucked last night pre-storm (hard-packed base on the roads from Mount Storm to T-Line.) Roads really suck right now - lots of unplowed snow and slick. It will be a long, slow drive. I recommend 4wd with snow tires.

Snow hasn't sucked. All snow, but a bit wet at times. Been puking since ~7 AM.

Skiing didn't suck today.

skimastersam
February 22, 2015
Member since 01/30/2015 🔗
4 posts

Anyone else get to T-line this weekend? looking to head up tomorrow for a day trip and wondering if they really got the 12" they said on the report. would love to hit up the massive snowfall that snowshoe got but its way too far for a day trip!

teleman
February 22, 2015
Member since 07/8/2005 🔗
186 posts

Not going to be very good after the refreeze.   

skimastersam wrote:

Anyone else get to T-line this weekend? looking to head up tomorrow for a day trip and wondering if they really got the 12" they said on the report. would love to hit up the massive snowfall that snowshoe got but its way too far for a day trip!

skimastersam
February 22, 2015
4 posts

was it that warm today? might not be worth it then. bummer.

JohnL
February 22, 2015
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts

teleman wrote:

Not going to be very good after the refreeze.   

skimastersam wrote:

They got the 12". Pretty much everything (and I mean everything) is skied off (if you are looking for pow.) Or scraped off by technique-challenged boarders who only know how to skid straight down a narrow slot in the trees, removing all snow and leaving ruts across the hill. There are some seriously trashed sections...

Snow off the trails (and on) was pretty wet this PM. As teleman posted, once the upcoming freeze hits, likely only groomers will be enjoyable/skiable early this week until it either warms or more snow arrives.

skimastersam
February 22, 2015
4 posts

thanks for the info. bummed i wont get a day in tomorrow but glad i wont waste a trip out there and at least there should be more long term base for any more snowfall or warmups in March.

JohnL
February 23, 2015
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts

skimastersam wrote:

was it that warm today? might not be worth it then. bummer.

It got warm, but not excessively warm. Based on the snow I removed from the top of my vehicle Sun AM, I think there may have been a very brief period of rain/sleet overnight. (Sat nite.) So the snow started Sunday on the heavy/wet side.

Saturday was the money day.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?