Renovated place in Mountain Lodge Condos vs. Snowcrest at Snowshoe?
12 posts
8 users
2k+ views
NonstopSki
February 17, 2015
Member since 12/24/2007 🔗
132 posts

Roughly the same price for either. I was going to prefer Snowcrest because I thought it might be quiter and the hot tub would be better, but I guess there is a hot tub across a parking lot  that costs money to get into at Snowshoe that is near Mountain Lodge? Does anyone know what that hot tub is and if there are multiples? 

Any general thoughts about Mountain Lodge? It's certainly more convenient in the village, but is it quiet enough? Compared to Snowcrest? 

Thanks! 

jimw
February 17, 2015
Member since 02/2/2015 🔗
113 posts

Snowcrest is nice and quiet with free hot tubs.

Mtn Lodge has a nice location. The Split Rock pools has nice hot tubs, saunas and heated pool but cost $20 per person(used to be $7 please let them know $20 is too much)

I own a Summit condo and it is nice/quiet with a good location  but no hot tubs...you walk or take the shuttle to Split Rock.

www.vrbo.com/479808

NonstopSki
February 17, 2015 (edited February 17, 2015)
132 posts

jimw wrote:

Snowcrest is nice and quiet with free hot tubs.

Mtn Lodge has a nice location. The Split Rock pools has nice hot tubs, saunas and heated pool but cost $20 per person(used to be $7 please let them know $20 is too much)

I own a Summit condo and it is nice/quiet with a good location  but no hot tubs...you walk or take the shuttle to Split Rock.

www.vrbo.com/479808

Yea $20 is insane. I'd probably do it if I can find the right priced place, but is it actually decent? I'm looking to go very late in March. Hoepfully the hot tub isnt full of 200 people :D

Your place is gorgeous, but probably too big and expensive for what we need, as we are definitely looking at budget lodging at the moment. We also have a non-skier coming with us, which for her, it will be nice to be close to all the other amenities without having to take the bus. If it was just my buddy and I and some other folks though, I'll bookmark your VRBO page and keep it in mind for future trips! 

pagamony - DCSki Supporter 
February 17, 2015
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
925 posts

don't sweat it.  either way you are skiing.  i've stayed at the mountain lodge many times and the rooms are fine and the location cannot be beat.  

Reisen
February 17, 2015
Member since 01/25/2005 🔗
368 posts

Agreed on $20 being insane.  We spent 4 days at Snowshoe in December, and I was irritated when I found out how much they wanted for access to Split Rock.  We had 7 people, and there was ZERO chance I was paying $140 a day for pool / hot tub access.

NonstopSki
February 17, 2015
132 posts

Has anyone found any discounts on getting in. 

plateau-reached
Member since 12/20/2011 🔗
88 posts

I stayed at Mountain Lodge during my first time at Snowshoe a couple weeks ago. I thought the location was convenient, and the building itself was fine. Nothing fancy, not a ton of amenities, but totally comfortable and suitable for most needs. 

As for the Split Rocks pool and hot tub, it's a very short walk from Mountain Lodge. My understanding is that paying guests of Mountain Lodge can use those facilities for free (I did), but don't quote me on that. Honestly I was kind of disappointed in that area, because it was too crowded to enjoy. Lots of rowdy teenagers who were drinking and doing dumb stuff like putting snow in the hot tub. There was a sauna I wanted to use but it was jammed pack. I was there on a Sunday night, so I was surprised  it wasn't more quiet.

Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
February 17, 2015
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts

Save your 20 bucks and pass on the HT.  It's free if you book thru Snowshoe central reservations.  You have to pay if you go thru one of us vrbo guys.  It can be (not always) filled with kids .  Some which are too young / immature to distinguish the HT from a urinal - if you get my drift.    

I have a place in Mtn Lodge.  Location is perfect, building is a little old and worn.  Most rooms are decent.  If you want pizzaz Mtn Lodge is not it.

If you want a decent place to rest your head, it's ideal.  Security does enforce quiet time after 10 PM.  

NonstopSki
132 posts

Blue Don 1982 wrote:

Save your 20 bucks and pass on the HT.  It's free if you book thru Snowshoe central reservations.  You have to pay if you go thru one of us vrbo guys.  It can be (not always) filled with kids .  Some which are too young / immature to distinguish the HT from a urinal - if you get my drift.    

I have a place in Mtn Lodge.  Location is perfect, building is a little old and worn.  Most rooms are decent.  If you want pizzaz Mtn Lodge is not it.

If you want a decent place to rest your head, it's ideal.  Security does enforce quiet time after 10 PM.  

Well, Hot tubs are crucial to me haha. I could care less what a place looks like on the inside if there's access to a hot tub. After a day of skiing, it's the only way to end it for me! Plus I liked being able to pick my own unit through VRBO instead of kinda having a random seletion through snowshoe, plus they were $80 more a night. That's $160 more for my trip, and even if all 3 of us went to the pools both days, we'd pay $136. In reality, only two of us will go the pools. In addition, we don't need the ticket deals through SS, because the folks skiing all have season passes. 

We ended up going with a place in mountain lodge condos for a good deal. Always good to haggle and shop around! 

Pools should be free for season pass holders. Those jerks! 

eggraid
February 18, 2015
Member since 02/9/2010 🔗
510 posts

You will be happy with the location of Mountain Lodge, it really is ski in/ski out, and it's a very short walk to the Village and also to split rock pools where the hot tub is. 

The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
February 18, 2015
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts

Yes, rent from Snowshoe directly.

NonstopSki
February 18, 2015
132 posts

The Colonel wrote:

Yes, rent from Snowshoe directly.

As I mentioned above:

I like being able to pick my own unit through VRBO instead of kinda having a random selection through snowshoe, plus they were $80 more a night. That’s $160 more for my trip, and even if all 3 of us went to the pools both days, we’d pay $136. In reality, only two of us will go the pools, and it's possible we won't go all 3 days depending on our schedule. In addition, we don’t need the ticket deals through SS, because the folks skiing all have season passes. 

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.