Telluride Jan 28 to Feb 1
2 posts
2 users
1k+ views
Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
February 1, 2015 (edited February 1, 2015)
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts

I was lucky enough to do a trip to Telluride these past few days.  Due to the storms, my flights were cancelled so I figured I'd do a short trip report while waiting for the Super Bowl to start.

We stayed in a VERY nice vrbo place.  Literally a 2 minute walk to the gondola

Here's the place http://www.vrbo.com/268791  (sorry - I can't get the link function to work)

We had a great day on Thursday with decent skies, plenty of snow and tons of trails.  Not really many crowds.

Friday saw some snow overnight on Thu with great conditions and light snow on and off all day.

Sat was great to start, several inches of snow over night.  We cruised all morning long.  Then  ...... freezing drizzle rolled in that made it impossible to see.  Goggles froze up instantly.  We stopped for lunch hoping for a break but it never happened.  We bailed out and decided to do some sight seeing in the town of Telluride.  Cool little old mining town.

In all, we had 2.5 days of great skiing fun.  Below are some random pics I took.  

These 2 were the top of chair 14 leading to the Revelation Bowl and See Forever Trail at about 12,500 feet.

This was the view at the top of the Prospect Bowl.  A great area for intermediates like me to explore.

This was the top of Prospect Bowl looking at Palmyra Peak

Short Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGukFX9qzxQ

HardcoreLooper
February 7, 2015
Member since 11/27/2013 🔗
24 posts

Amazing place.  My daughter and I were just there as well (returned back to RVA this past Monday).  We were absolutely spoiled for the three days we were there.  Not much new snow (a couple of inches the first few days), but absolutely perfect conditions.  Couldn't have asked for anything better.  The views from See Forever were just amazing.  The food up there at Giuseppe's is pretty good as well, especially when you sit outside and look out over the valley.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?