whitetail was crowded on Jan 31
15 posts
8 users
3k+ views
wojo
February 1, 2015
Member since 01/17/2005 🔗
333 posts

I knew it would be.  Never saw so many people there as yesterday.  It had to be up in the top 5 or 10 of all time.  Lot's of gapers falling while getting on the high speed quad :-)  

Snow quality was usual for a Saturday, early turns were great.  I love all the dips and jumps on the side of upper angle.  They make me feel like a hero.

Hope everyone else on dcski is going today before the big game, no one will be there.  Go Lions!!!  Not to start a brawl, but Go Pats!!  I like dynastys where the best player started as a dawg.

Antoine
February 1, 2015
Member since 10/20/2014 🔗
275 posts

I was expecting that, so I decided to go to roudtop. Geez was  I happy 2 min lines on minuteman, Ramrod had great moguls as well as lower gun. still looked like ppl where having a great time based on facebook pics. Maybe with all the cash this year they wil put in a 6 pack lol

camp
February 1, 2015
Member since 01/30/2005 🔗
660 posts

Whitetail wasn't bad today.  We did the Skier-Cross and actually got to use the ski school line during the race so that was great.  After the race I skied the slower lift with the better half and it was tolerable.

tolerable - (def.)  having already achieved satisfaction by skiing 9 times over the previous 9 days

Antoine
February 1, 2015
275 posts

camp wrote:

We did the Skier-Cross

Heard it was on home run? must of been very nice with the steeper top and the flater mid-section. did it a couple of years back, they had so many ppl that you only had one run. If you really  wanted t omke runs on the course tho should of come at opening...

skiracerx
February 2, 2015
Member since 11/24/2008 🔗
226 posts

Antoine wrote:

I was expecting that, so I decided to go to roudtop. Geez was  I happy 2 min lines on minuteman, Ramrod had great moguls as well as lower gun. still looked like ppl where having a great time based on facebook pics. Maybe with all the cash this year they wil put in a 6 pack lol

Roundtop is great even when the other 2 are crowded. :o) Lower gun was nice.

camp
February 2, 2015
Member since 01/30/2005 🔗
660 posts

Antoine wrote:

Heard it was on home run?

Yep, it was a lot steeper/faster than in the terrain park last year.   Too fast for me actually (being the only 50+ yr old on tele skis).  Raced in the 19+ class and was 3rd in my heat and happy to be eliminated.

The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
February 2, 2015
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts

"Not crowded" and wanting resort to put in a "Six Pack" does not compute.

Antoine
February 2, 2015
275 posts

I was talking about whitetail, sorry

rbrtlav
February 2, 2015
Member since 12/2/2008 🔗
578 posts

Is roundtop really that much more manageble on the weekends than the other two? I'm trying to find a weekend to take my sister (staying on green runs) and I was going to wait until march. But if roundtop is that much better on the weekend I might take her there this coming weekend. 

I know about Bryce and others being less crowded.... she has an all mountain voucher for SnowTime and I have a season pass, so it will be one of the three SnowTime resorts at the time.

Antoine
February 2, 2015
275 posts

rbrtlav wrote:

Is roundtop really that much more manageble on the weekends than the other two? I'm trying to find a weekend to take my sister (staying on green runs) and I was going to wait until march. But if roundtop is that much better on the weekend I might take her there this coming weekend. 

I know about Bryce and others being less crowded.... she has an all mountain voucher for SnowTime and I have a season pass, so it will be one of the three SnowTime resorts at the time.

YES A LOT! Runs for beginers are shorter then wt  but funner then lib.  Also some terrain tht is like extrovert as well as some nice cliffs.

snapdragon
February 3, 2015
Member since 01/27/2015 🔗
346 posts

r the clifs at rt in bounds or due you have to duck a rope to get their becuse I don't want to get my pass pulled by the ski patrol dudes if you no what I meann just last yeaar i was at rt and I went to jump off one of the snowmaking machines and the ski patrol saw me and chased my all the way to the parking lot becuse the jump was going to be my last run of the day and I didn't think they would mind cince other peeple were doing it and I thouht thqt it would be ok if I did it to.   whatcha all think?

Antoine
February 3, 2015
275 posts

In bounds. The larges one is on uppergun but ski pattroll will rip your ears out if you do it... I have however seen a ski ptroll drop a cliff. My faves are Bunker hill ( a rock that is a foot tall, but is  double trouble because you get a small cornice. then you have to go through the pines instread of following bunker to lafayets. be carfull landing is flat) Then there is one That im guessing is around 7 at the end of baretts. I am warning you however if you are not in the best health dont do it!

snapdragon
February 3, 2015
Member since 01/27/2015 🔗
346 posts

cool that the clifs are inbounds becuse when I was out west if you go under a rope to jump off the ciffs you can cause and avalace that coud kill you b4 the ski pratrol has a chance to dig you out or at least get there dog to find you and then dig you out in time to breath so it is good 2 no that rt has good cliff jumps to bad about the flat landing but as far as the other jump on barrets im down for that cause I just had a physical (for insurance reasons) an the doctor said I was healthy as and ox and I should just go for it so I guess i will see you'all up at rt just you will prolly just see the bottom of my board jumping off a cliff!!!

Antoine
February 3, 2015
275 posts

The baretts on is the biggest but it has a descent landing to the left side. and uper gun is steeper then extover (my opinion) Gun also has some cliffs. and there are  " the death shutes" underneath the chair... When you go there you will see why they are called that...

JohnL
February 4, 2015
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts

Antoine wrote:

The baretts on is the biggest but it has a descent landing to the left side. and uper gun is steeper then extover (my opinion) Gun also has some cliffs. and there are  " the death shutes" underneath the chair... When you go there you will see why they are called that...

I've been there and have no idea what you are talking about.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.