Ski Resort with Daycare Facility?
6 posts
6 users
3k+ views
snowbeaurd
December 10, 2014
Member since 12/6/2014 🔗
1 posts

We are new to the area and have a seven-month-old.  Would like to try to get away for a ski weekend in Jan or Feb but not sure if any of the resorts within driving distance of DC offer daycare or babysitting services?  Welcome any thoughts/recommendations from other parents!

Reisen
December 11, 2014
Member since 01/25/2005 🔗
368 posts

That's going to be tough.  You'll need a place that changes diapers.  Lots of places have "pre-ski" type programs, but Snowshoe's, for instance, starts at age 2.  I'd be very surprised if you found a mid-Atlantic resort with a daycare that accepted babies.  Maybe a resort in Vermont like Stowe or Stratton.

I think you're going to either need to hire a private babysitter to watch the child, or fly to some place like Deer Valley.  We took my daughter to their daycare when she was 11 months, and were very pleased. 

KeithT
December 11, 2014
Member since 11/17/2008 🔗
383 posts

Both Liberty and Whitetail have daycare.  From the Liberty website, Whietails basically same.

For our non-skiing children, the CLC offers full service daycare. This service is available for children ages 6 months to 10 years. Activities include, story time, movie time, games, songs, crafts, walks, free play and snacks. You are welcome to pack lunch (no peanut products allowed) for your child, or it may be purchased for an additional $6.75. Parents must bring diapers, wipes, baby food, bottles, sippy cups, etc. Please label everything. - See more at: http://www.libertymountainresort.com/learn-to-ski-ride/children's-learning-center/playcare.aspx#sthash.WublwC4U.dpuf

Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
December 11, 2014
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts

Seven Springs offers care for non skiing kids ages are listed from walking age to 5. http://www.7springs.com/snow-sports-school/kids-corner/

Norsk
December 11, 2014
Member since 05/13/2003 🔗
317 posts

Timberline WV offers daycare for diaper-wearers also (and I don't mean retirees).  The facility is a little small and by the end of the season a little bit dank, but it is right next to the main lodge and shares a building with the ski patrol.  So, you can easily stop by during the day to check on the offspring if you want to.

RodneyBD - DCSki Supporter 
January 6, 2015
Member since 12/21/2004 🔗
259 posts

I have used and would recommend the daycare at Seven Springs, Whitetail and Liberty.  All three are very clean, well equipped, organized, have professional staff, etc.  (also you may have learned by now Whitetail and Liberty have the same well regarded ownership group). 

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.