PSA, $5.00 Lift Tickets at Appalachian This Weekend!
8 posts
3 users
2k+ views
crgildart
December 3, 2014
Member since 07/13/2014 🔗
767 posts

I got this email today.  I went to this event two years ago and it was the real deal of the season.  Last time they only did it one day.  Looks like this time it is all weekend!

$5 Ski Tickets offered Sat. Dec 6, and Sun. Dec 7!

In celebration of our 52nd Anniversary, Appalachian Ski Mtn. will be offering riders a special 1962 rate of $5 ski tickets for the day session (9am - 4pm) both Saturday, December 6 and Sunday, December 7.

Anniversary Weekend

http://www.appskimtn.com/event/anniversary-weekend

Denis - DCSki Supporter 
December 3, 2014
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts

What're is it?  The link doesn't say.  No directions either.

pagamony - DCSki Supporter 
December 3, 2014
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
925 posts

The mighty Appalachian Ski Mountain in Blowing Rock, NC.  Almost 400 ft vertical and at least 3 terrain parks.  I actually like App every now and then, it has just a great atmosphere and you always meet someone interesting.  

crgildart
December 4, 2014 (edited December 4, 2014)
767 posts

Located At:
940 Ski Mountain Rd
Blowing Rock, NC 28605

Because they are on the small side they are usually the first to open and the last to close around here.  I'm thinking of taking my daughter there Sunday.  She is just starting to learn to ski.  That place is perfect for her. 

As of earlier today they were mostly open with a 20"-40" base

crgildart
December 6, 2014
767 posts

I think I'm going to do that tomorrow (Sunday).  Daughter's horse lesson pushed back to next weekend and she is just starting to learn so we will go putter around Strudel and lower Appal for a couple hours tomorrow mid day.  Don't care if it is slushy and most other trails are closed.  Five bucks man!

crgildart
December 7, 2014
767 posts

Good day. cover was decent but thin on the sides.  No dirt as long as you stayed on piste.  More crowded than I expected but FIVE BUCKS!  Used the savings to put my daughter in a private so I could rack up hard charging laps for an hour.

crgildart
November 26, 2016 (edited November 26, 2016)
767 posts

Bump!!!

Applachian Ski Mountain is having their annual founders day anniversary celebration next weekend.  December 3rd and 4th, Saturday and Sunday they will be selling lift tickets at $5.00 for the 9-4:30 sessions.  I’ll probably be there Sunday”¦

Let’s hope they have enough snow to ski on.  What they had yesterday isn’t enough to last unless we get some more snow making temps middle of next week to beef up the base again.

crgildart
December 4, 2016
767 posts

Well rain and heat miser shut down that little hill.  The nearby place that has one trail open looks like a brown muddy mess.  I doubt they'll offer the $5 deal when they get opened back up.. probably next weekend.

DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.