Skied on Sunday
2 posts
2 users
1k+ views
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
November 4, 2014
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts

But it can hardly be called skiing.  Not up to even junk board standards.  We finally got some desperately needed precip in CA which fell as snow above about 7000 feet.  I managed a half dozen turns squeeeeezed out in thick porridge in Carson Pass near Kirkwood.  Wasn't even sure I could move downhill but did barely.  I followed with a few hundred yards of flat ground XC which was frustrating and exhausting due to the quality of the snow.  Turns made, mission accomplished.  What I really needed was a fix of mountains and I got that.  It is impossible not to feel fulfilled in the presence of the soaring peaks of the Sierra.  Carson Pass has some of the best.

bob
November 7, 2014
Member since 04/15/2008 🔗
755 posts

Skied on Friday.

Burned some ff miles to come back to Colorado expecting to notch opening days at both Keystone and Breck, only to find out  that Breck decided to NOT open today. The continued warm temps continue to take a toll.

Keystone had one trail open on the whole 2300 feet of vert. The first run was like a bad day on a  freeway with several hundred (thousand?) of my closest friends joining me on opening day. It got better as the day progressed as people apparently came out to do a run or two and then quit. By the foutth run it was not very crowded.

Got in 8 runs, and was back in mid season form by the second one. 

One day down. 59+ to go.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.