Tree skiing in the parks of the dc burbs! now open! Near 270
3 posts
3 users
1k+ views
Antoine
October 28, 2014 (edited October 28, 2014)
Member since 10/20/2014 🔗
275 posts

Its pretty self explanitory I cleared out one foreset of debris near woodley gardens park in rockville md. a very small part one section is almost flat the other is steeper but has more debris. KEEP CLEAR FROM TREES! WOODS ARE NATURLY WIDE ( DEBRIS IS NEAR TREES). Took around 4 hours to clear out. free public parking is available at the park. Plenty people go to sled. Comment bellow for location of glades. looking at other parts of the park to clear out. I found several area in a near by valley but its would be hard to clear. plenty of extremly steep descends. enjoy. I made this because the area needs this. Also I would like to note that this was not ment to hurt the enviroment ( each log was not yet decomposing) Was planing to clear out an are at whitetail during fall fest but did not make it there.( area is between home run and linelight) bewear has thick under brush so be carefull. Hopefully I did not spill any secret spot for anyone:) I recomend at least 4-6 inces of snow on the ground to ski it depending skis. Ask in the thread for derections! enjoy dc area! Not many open woods in the area so this is great. Forest floor is just normall leaves and a couple of twigs. Ratings: 1: green. 2: Green leading into advanced blue. A third area is clear for  the most part but has a small creek at its base this and debris I would rate a double black based on these factors. The indecation of the tral ending is a small path that cuts through trail 1 and half of trail 2. Becareful becuase a significant amount of debris is in that area.For cross country skiers there is also a great trail for you along one of the largest creeks in the moco ''watts branch" Trail 2 is the longest trail ending at the trees next to the creek. I cleaned the are  a couple weeks ago so my memory is  not completely on the ball.

Crush
October 28, 2014
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts

ummmm - hey ... really; stop tweeking or doing lines you just wrote an entire paragraph that had 1819 characters or 348 words. that is really a bad sign i suggest you check out prime-for-life like i was forced to do - really substance abuse can be controlled i am a living example. not a great one but an example. oh look that was only 64 words!

fishnski
October 29, 2014
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
U just got..crushed..Antoine but I say more power to ya...having. Good constructive fun is good!
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.