2015 Mid Atlantic Gathering Options
12 posts
5 users
2k+ views
crgildart
October 6, 2014
Member since 07/13/2014 🔗
767 posts

There's a new thread and poll on that other site to discuss Blue Knob and Timberline gathering uptions for early 2015.

Poll: Dates and Location for the 2015 Mid-Atlantic Gathering

Poll expires: Dec 1, 2014

• Keep Blue Knob location and traditional dates (Feb. 21-22, 2015)
  • Keep Blue Knob location and move dates to Presidents Weekend (Feb 14-15, 2015)
  • Move location and dates to Timberline, WV Snowy Luau weekend exact dates TBA but usually mid- March

Personally, I'd prefer MLK weekend Jan 16th-19th.  Most of Feb is doable, March is iffy.

SCWVA
October 6, 2014
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts

Per an email I received from Timberline, the Snowy Luau is scheduled for March 13-15, 2015.

crgildart
October 30, 2014
767 posts

Bump!  Dates are close to decided as none of the above looking at the weekend BEFORE President's Day at the moment. There are about 12 people seriously interested and about another 10 maybe to likely.  

We're leaning towards two houses, one for dads and younger kids/tweens and one for the cool kids.. or one larger for all if not enough cool kids commit in time to get their own house.

Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
October 30, 2014
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts

PMs from that other site sent out to some of you past participants that regularly post here. I think you are the ones crgildart call the cool kids.

David
October 31, 2014
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts

Laurel Hill Crazie wrote:

PMs from that other site sent out to some of you past participants that regularly post here. I think you are the ones crgildart call the cool kids.

I want to be a cool kid!

crgildart
November 15, 2014
767 posts

Update.  House #1 off Rt 66 near the mid station is pretty much full with maybe room for one more small family, parent and kid(s) if we boot a couple teen boys to the floor in sleeping bags.  There is a rumor going around that the traditional mountain top chalet may be back in play for a second group with fewer tweens and teens all over the place.  Not sure who will be the Gethermeister for the house off Jack Rabbit but it sounds like there will be enough interest to make it happen.  I'm sticking to the Rt 66 house because my younger of the two tweens can't ski Jack Rabbit yet.

November 15, 2014
2,038 posts

That would be me trying to organize the 2nd house but right now it doesn't look good. There are only 3 committed so far. All the others that rented in the past are either day tripping or not coming. If anyone else is interested in sharing a house for this event contact me. Colonel, check your PMs or email.

crgildart
November 15, 2014 (edited November 15, 2014)
767 posts

Three sounds like you are halfway there.  Six seems like the critical mass of investers required to make one of those houses affordable.  Also, can't the owners actually rent out half of that one with the locking trap door over the circular stairs?  

November 16, 2014
2,038 posts

Stuck at halfway is still stuck. It does not appear that they rent the property that way. Theirs site list prices for full house rentals only. No mention of partial rental.

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
November 16, 2014
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

Laurel Hill Crazie wrote:

That would be me trying to organize the 2nd house but right now it doesn't look good. There are only 3 committed so far. All the others that rented in the past are either day tripping or not coming. If anyone else is interested in sharing a house for this event contact me. Colonel, check your PMs or email.

What is the layout in terms of bedrooms and beds?  I wasn't in the house long enough to get much of an impression except for the livingroom/diningroom/kitchen area.

November 16, 2014
2,038 posts
crgildart
November 16, 2014 (edited November 16, 2014)
767 posts

This is it

http://www.blueknobski-golfchalet.com/

"Occupancy 4-12, just ask".

There are a Total of Four Bedrooms & Two Full Baths:

Main Floor:  One Full Bath & Two Bedrooms (each with a queen size bed)
Downstairs:  One Full Bath & Two Bedrooms
Each Downstairs Bedroom has Two Bunk Beds that sleep Three each
(One on the top bunk & Two on the bottom bunk)

Linens: Sheets, pillowcases, blankets, & towels are provided at no extra charge.

Upstairs: Two bedrooms, sheets, pillows & blankets; full bath,
fully furnished kitchen, dishes/utensils for 16, dishwasher, microwave oven; living area with fireplace (firewood is provided), television, DVD, VCR, & large couch.

There is a full kithcen upstairs and a dorm fridge, stove, and microwave downstairs.  Baths upstairs and downstairs.  There was a trap door a the top of the spiral staircase that can seperate the top floor from the bottom floor, desigend to be able to rent out seperately.  

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.