Snowshoe Season Pass Deal
6 posts
6 users
3k+ views
AndyGene
April 1, 2014
Member since 09/9/2013 🔗
229 posts

I just got an email from Snowshoe saying that season passes for next year will be at $299 for the next 72 hours.  They must have not sold quite as many ridiculous passes this year.  It is also interesting to note that they have a new pass benefit, you get a $250 Intrawest resort credit when they buy it (good for places other than Snowshoe).  Not a shabby deal if you are doing a weekend at Snowshoe, and then some time in Steamboat etc...

http://www.snowshoemtn.com/tickets-and-passes/winter-2014-2015-passholder-benefit.aspx?elq=883365f2dbd143adac425e356818d526&elqCampaignId=1418

The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
April 1, 2014
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts

$250 benefit not good at Snowshoe, only other Intrawest resorts.

Still a great deal!  I suspect the $250 benefit is an Intrawest promotion for all passholders at their various resorts.

The Colonel

scottyb
April 2, 2014
Member since 12/26/2009 🔗
559 posts

Cain't beat that with a big stick.

TL ought to take notice.  They could make money by volume of sales instead of jacked up prices.

Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
April 2, 2014
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts

scottyb wrote:

Cain't beat that with a big stick.

More info on the SS site.

http://www.snowshoemtn.com/tickets-and-passes/winter-2014-2015-passholder-benefit.aspx

I’m far from a rocket scientist so I’ll dummy down this to my level.  

If one is planning a trip to one of the places listed in the link above AND you plan to ski once at WISP, HV and 7S next season.  This really is pretty sweet. 

For $299, you get:

• An unlimited Snowshoe season pass
  • A one time 250 credit to one of the Intrawest resorts
  • 1 free lift ticket to Wisp
  • 1 free lift ticket to HV
  • 1 free ticket to 7S

Even the Snowshoe haters could tolerate making one trip to Snowshoe next year if their plans include the other locations above.

Flatlander
April 2, 2014
Member since 01/13/2014 🔗
8 posts

The posting mentioned the credit as a new passholder benefit so I assume everyone of us that got the $199 pass a few weeks ago will also get access to these discounts.  We have wanted to try Tremblant for years and this may be the extra incentive to give it a try.  Also, Tremblant in currently advertising youth season passes for $79.  For our family of five, purchasing the discounted youth passes along with the $250 credit (per pass I assume?) might make for an (reasonably) affordable spring break trip. 

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
April 2, 2014
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

Flatlander wrote:

The posting mentioned the credit as a new passholder benefit so I assume everyone of us that got the $199 pass a few weeks ago will also get access to these discounts.  We have wanted to try Tremblant for years and this may be the extra incentive to give it a try.  Also, Tremblant in currently advertising youth season passes for $79.  For our family of five, purchasing the discounted youth passes along with the $250 credit (per pass I assume?) might make for an (reasonably) affordable spring break trip. 

Might be worth checking on details at Tremblant.  The fine print on the SS webpage says "Terms & Conditions: You can choose one destination for the season. The credit may not be split between resorts. You may use your resort credit anytime during the 2014.2015 season. You may not use your credit at Snowshoe Mountain. Some blackouts and restrictions may apply. Terms & Conditions vary per resort."

I had a fun day at Tremblant in early Dec.  A friend is a local.  Not many lifts were running yet.  Since the mountain has trails on all sides, that gives options if wind or sun are factors on a given day.  Definitely a full-fledged resort with amenities, as you might expect from Intrawest.  Tremblant does a spring pass starting mid-March for $199.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.