How's Whitetail doing this week?
4 posts
4 users
2k+ views
plateau-reached
March 19, 2014
Member since 12/20/2011 🔗
88 posts

I'm considering hitting Whitetail this Friday (3/20). I went a couple weeks ago and it felt like the season was about to die, but then it snowed again early this week. Hoping that made a difference.

Anyone been there in the past few days? How are conditions looking? Is it patchy and soggy?

MephitBlue
March 19, 2014
Member since 11/8/2009 🔗
181 posts

I was at Liberty last night and the conditions could be summed up as mashed potatoes.  I still had fun, but not ideal conditions.  Whitetail's snow conditions are usually a little worse than Liberty's do the trails being more exposed to the sun.  I'd expect it to be pretty soggy.  

If you really like Whitetail I'd say go even though it is likely to be soggy.  It's great to be able to ski at all in the mid-Atlantic this late into the season.

wojo
March 19, 2014
Member since 01/17/2005 🔗
333 posts

This is what I posted yesterd on W'tails facebook page:

Really sweet snow this morning at the 'tail. Changed to corn briefly and then mashed potatoes. Got my veggies in today. Lots of fun and not many folks on the hill.

Mornings tend to be pretty good if it goes below 32 at night.  

rbrtlav
March 19, 2014
Member since 12/2/2008 🔗
578 posts

I was at whitetail Sunday and liberty tonight. Even before the snow, whitetail was nice until around lunch and then things got worse really quickly. However the base was thinning in quite a few areas, and some place were ice covered with mashed potatoes, it was not really optimal. 

Liberty was nice tonight. I bit soft, but there was a decent bit of untouched snow even at 9 pm. The backside of liberty still has 48"+ on most of the back side. I am personally planning on sticking to liberty for the rest of the season (hopefully 2 more trips) unless there is more snow. 

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?