8 users
7k+ views
Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
February 10, 2014
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts

Just got this today!

Dear Homeowner,

This is a heads up for all of you that Snowshoe will once again be offering an absolutely unbelievable winter season pass deal to everyone for a limited period of time this month. The “Ridiculous Pass” offer starts Tuesday, February 18th and lasts for 11 days only. The campaign this year features our local Sasquatch buddy, see below. Animal Planet couldn’t find him here during their “Finding Bigfoot” TV show, but he came out of the woodwork for this great deal.

We will start previewing the offer out to special groups starting Monday the 10th. We will also be teasing the offer to our large following on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc. We know word has already gotten out in some channels, and there is a high anticipation for the pass sale coming, compared to last year when nobody knew how ridiculous we could get.

There are a few important changes to the Ridiculous Pass Sale offer this year, which all homeowners need to be aware of:

·         The Ridiculous Pass starts at $199, and is priced there for the first 48 hours only. The price then goes up $5 each day until February 28th. On March 1st the price jumps to $299, then again jumps to $329 on April 1. We believe the plan adds a little rush & urgency to the program. It’s important that anyone who wants the best deal get in on it early. We’ll work to spread that word out through all our marketing channels, and you can help.

·         The Unlimited 2014-15 Season Pass is valid for this March 2014 and all of the next 2014-15 Winter Season. The first day it can be used is March 1st.

·         New this year, we are offering Ridiculous Add-ons for summer which may be purchased with the Winter Pass. Each of these add-ons is priced at $149. They include a full bike park season pass, a 6-time golf pass, or a 3-day Summer Adventure Pass, which is good for RZRs, Segways, golf, etc. These offers must be purchased in combination with the Ridiculous Pass, during the February sale window ending the 28th.

·         The benefits that come with being a pass holder include 10% discounts on lodging, retail and F&B, and resort swap benefits with participating regional ski areas.

The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
February 10, 2014
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts

I thought the lodging discount was 20 percent for this season, vice the 10 percent included in this offer for next season.

The Colonel

ParkCrewDrew
February 10, 2014
Member since 01/24/2014 🔗
125 posts

This is such a good deal!   Too bad snowshoe is 4 hr away vs. Seven Springs 1 hr away...otherwise I would be all over that.

February 10, 2014
1,580 posts

ParkCrewDrew wrote:

This is such a good deal!   Too bad snowshoe is 4 hr away vs. Seven Springs 1 hr away...otherwise I would be all over that.

Drew - I'm local to Pgh too.  There is a HUGE benefit to this pass called the resort swap.

As a SS passholder you can get one FREE ticket to 7S, HV and Wisp.  On top of that, on all subsequest visits (up to 5 per resort) you get 50% the ticket window rates.

The only "catch" is that it is NOT VALID Saturdays and Holidays.

I've skied HV 3 times (2 Sundays and a Fri), 7S + Wisp once each on a Sunday so far this year.  I've paid a whopping $58 for those 5 ski days.

Do that and make one weekend trip to SS and you have more than paid for your 199 pass.

Of course if you ski everyday at HV or 7S this would not make sense for you.  For me and a couple local Pgh friends of mine, this is a no brainer.  They do 2 weekend trips to SS each year and then do all the swaps multiple times. 

DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI
ParkCrewDrew
February 10, 2014
Member since 01/24/2014 🔗
125 posts

Yeah Don if I wasn't a 7spring employee I would be VERY tempted to get this but, I get the free season pass to HV/7S so yeah.

I use the resprt swap too!  Last year I went to HV, Blue Knob, and Snowshoe for free. 

Yeah, everybody get this deal!

February 11, 2014
1,580 posts

Kinda funny marketing ploy

Denis - DCSki Supporter 
February 11, 2014
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts

Cool.  Rufus is a southern Appalachian name.  The few people I've known by that name all had roots there.

miamichillin99
February 13, 2014
Member since 01/25/2013 🔗
19 posts

Man Im torn between the ridiculous pass now or the 3forall pass later. Anyone know if snowshoe will sell the 3 for all for the 2014/2015 season?  Would hate to pass on this great deal and have snowshoe not offer the 3forall. 

February 13, 2014
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts

What was the 3 for all pass deal?

The Colonel

AndyGene
February 13, 2014
Member since 09/9/2013 🔗
229 posts

The Colonel wrote:

What was the 3 for all pass deal?

The Colonel

$99 for three days of skiing any day during the season.

February 13, 2014
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts

Including weekends and holidays?

The Colonel

AndyGene
February 13, 2014
Member since 09/9/2013 🔗
229 posts

I think it is any day.Which is pretty sweet if you are only going be up there for a weekend.  Considering a walk up one day ticket is almost that much on the weekend.

SkiBunny
February 14, 2014
Member since 02/13/2014 🔗
18 posts

Is there a way to find out if Wisp is still going to be a part of the season pass swap next year? I know they changed hands and things have been changing. We ski there mostly but were at SS this past week and had a fabulous time and will be back for 2 more ski days next Feb. I spoke with several employees and nobody seemed to have details on what exact lodging you got discounts on at SS with the pass or which resorts were participating.

February 18, 2014 (edited February 18, 2014)
1,580 posts

BUMP!

The sale starts today Feb 18, 2014.

LINK to pass page

AND  .... they just announced they are extending the season to April 6

SkiBunny
February 19, 2014
18 posts

Do you have to go to SS to pick up the season pass before being able to use the pass swap? We want to get passes but might not be back to SS until next Feb, and we would want to use the Wisp passes before then.

February 19, 2014 (edited February 20, 2014)
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts

Do they have your pictures on file at Snowshoe?  I just ordered 8 passes.

You might want to check as to whether the 14-15 Season Passes will be honored at the "swap" resorts during this winter.

The Colonel

February 20, 2014
1,580 posts

SkiBunny wrote:

Do you have to go to SS to pick up the season pass before being able to use the pass swap? We want to get passes but might not be back to SS until next Feb, and we would want to use the Wisp passes before then.

That was the case for my wife last year.  You should verify with them.  I know the swap resorts require you to present your pass when swapping.

February 20, 2014
1,580 posts

The Colonel wrote:

You might want to check as to whether the 14-15 Season Passes will be honored at the "swap" resorts during this winter.

The Colonel

My experience last season is YES -  they do honor them.  I swapped at all 3 resorts in March 2013.

eggraid
February 20, 2014
Member since 02/9/2010 🔗
510 posts

SkiBunny wrote:

Did you have a Snowshoe season pass last year? (2013-14?) If so, you don't need to pick up a new pass, the old one is updated after you pay the fee, so you wouldn't need to go get a new one. If you've never had a SS season pass, you're out of luck. I'd give SS a call, though, maybe there is a way to get the pass if you send in a pic of yourself or something. It can't hurt to ask and plead.

SkiBunny
February 20, 2014
18 posts

Thanks for the replies, unfortunately I have not had a SS season pass before so therefore my picture is not on file. I'll call them anywya just to make sure there's nothing I can do, otherwise I guess we'll have to make another trip up there to get our pictures taken. Don't have to twist my arm to do that or anything ;)

February 20, 2014
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts

Keep us informed!

The Colonel

SkiBunny
February 20, 2014
18 posts

Called Snowshoe who said if my photo isn't on file I will need to come up and get in the system. Trying to figure out a cheap weekend trip the end of March to go up there, not sure if it'll happen or not. We really liked the Soaring Eagle lift runs as well as the Western Territory and I don't know if those are priorities for opening at the beginning of the season next year.

February 20, 2014
1,580 posts

SkiBunny wrote:

We really liked the Soaring Eagle lift runs as well as the Western Territory and I don't know if those are priorities for opening at the beginning of the season next year.

They are not.  They always start with the basin area around the Ballhooter lift and Powder Monkey lift.  After that they work their way towards Soaring Eagle, then over to the W Terr.

If you want to get the "max" out of your pass you could consider a quick road trip to SS on 3/1.  Use it there and then swap it at 7S, HV and Wisp the rest if this season ..... That's what we did last year as first time pass holders.

SkiBunny
February 20, 2014
18 posts

Don, good to know about the trail opening patterns. We are going to Wisp 3/1-3/9 for my birthday and some friends are also meeting us there. The townhouse comes with 2 season passes so we won't need to pay for anything thankfully. We are hoping to do a trip over to Canaan or TL for the day on 3/3, not sure which would be better so I'll have to browse the forums to see which place people prefer. Decided to take the plunge on the SS season pass and do an overnight to SS arriving on 3/16 to pick it up and ski all day Mon before coming home.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.