7 posts
2 users
2k+ views
skiracerx
December 23, 2012
Member since 11/24/2008 🔗
226 posts
Dear Friends, racers, riders and skiers,

In early November Jeff "Biff" Beinhaur was diagnosed with Stage IV Pancreatic Cancer. They hope you will be present to celebrate the days ahead with them and continue to build joyful memories.

Jeff has been a fixture at Roundtop Racing (30 years) not only coaching the young, but giving us old hacks like myself a great race venue not only hosting NASTAR, but other club races. Of course I know most came for the Beer afterwards.

If you ski, ride, or race, come join us for a great day of fun. You can of course donate : IRACEFORBIFF

On JAN 5, 2013 @ Roundtop there will be a race to benefit BIFF, Jeff Beinhaur.

Information iraceforbiff.org

Ed "Birdmon" Fowler - Skidome.org, Zardoz Renegades
Finsout
December 26, 2012
Member since 01/23/2001 🔗
104 posts
Jeff is a good guy and I am sorry to hear this news. What is the plan if RT is not open on 1/5??
skiracerx
December 28, 2012
226 posts
Hi Finsout , Tomorrow Roundtop opens. 2 more shots at natural snow before jan 5. Temps nice and low for snowmaking all next week.
I have skied and raced in worse :o)

The run already has snow on it from natural. The run has Snow Fans. so I think we are good to go. ed
skiracerx
January 1, 2013
226 posts
You can sign up race day jan 5 at the bottom of exhibition trail. The nice New SRRC comp center. oh and "BEER"
info is iraceforbiff.org

an update on conditions: Roundtop opened more trails yesterday.

I skied liberty 2 days. No rocks or other marks on my base :o)
a nice run of temps starting tonight.

Roundtop -
Tonight low around 21. Northwest wind around 8 mph.
Wednesday high near 30. Northwest wind 9 to 13 mph.
Wednesday Night low around 17. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm after midnight.
Thursday high near 31. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon. low around 20.
Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 30. low around 19.
Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.

Ed Fowler - Skidome.org
Finsout
January 2, 2013
104 posts
i rode all weekend and got to experience the broken lift (what a joy that was). should have good conditions as long as mr hawkes agrees to make a little more snow than they have been.
skiracerx
January 10, 2013
226 posts
The Race was attended by 201 racers. I would say a record for around these parts. Raised over 11k for BIFF. Next Race to benefit jeff is the ASRA race a GS and s Slalom.

Jan 26 2013 Roundtop, PA - 9:00 inspection, 9:45 Start 2-run GS in AM, 2-run SL afterward

Race usually run from the top of exhibition.

http://www.skiracer.co/

Finsout, that is why you need to check the conditions. new gear box is in. For riders I bet it sucked. esp for the ones 50% who never wax. why not divert to liberty ??
Finsout
January 11, 2013
104 posts
Not a huge fan of Liberty. I wax but needed to again after 'snow' path in front of ski patrol.
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.