Plateau De Mount (near hidden valley) visit
5 posts
3 users
2k+ views
Heath
December 19, 2012
Member since 04/30/2012 🔗
44 posts
Just drove up there for the first time. I got some good pictures and a video. Its still ski able and me and my buddy plan on snowboarding there late Fri- Sat morning if we get the forecasted 15+ inches. Pics coming soon.

The lodge is burnt down besides two large, stone chimney's and a 1st floor. It was very nice and large at one time. The main slope with the lift line is pretty open in spots and is pretty steep on the lower half smile The area where the 8 trails come together is very open still and you can clearly see the boundary of each trail that was made with dirt. Awesome experience to visit and investigate.

I would advise driving in from the bottom with a lifted 4x4, someone in a Subaru didn't seem happy we drove up to the top of the lodge, but oh well, we simply took pictures.
Heath
December 19, 2012
44 posts
GGNagy
December 21, 2012
Member since 01/5/2006 🔗
504 posts
Heath,
Thanks for the report and the pictures. After reading other reports about not ticking off the owners, and being a "damm kid, get off my lawn" type myself. I have not done a whole lot of exploring back that way.

Its a shame that there is not alot of vertical, as that would make a tempting site otherwise.
imp - DCSki Supporter 
December 21, 2012
Member since 01/11/2007 🔗
299 posts
The owners are nice people but with some small children they
value their privacy.
Nicloe is old time ski school at hv and possibly you
can contact them thru the ski school or Joy at
customer service.

imp
Heath
December 26, 2012
44 posts
were gonna walk up from the bottom and ride down the steepest slope on a big snow day

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.